Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Am I Really In The Wrong!?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay so it's like this...SO & I don't live together yet. I was up about 9:15 reorganizing my closet & putting clothes away when I called him to say goodnight...We made it a routine where we always call at 9 to say goodnight because that's when we both go to sleep. I told him I would be going to sleep soon after I finish my closet & putting my clothes away. After we hung up, I started moving elsewhere in my room, picking up, cleaning my room. At 10:45 I finally lay down & I get a Facebook notification from my cousin, he's a guy, he commented on a pic of me that my SO posted on my profile. I responded back to his comment & about 1 min. later my SO texts asking if I'm still up. He got the notifcation from Facebook too after I responded back to my cousin. I explain to him that I ended cleaning the rest of my room. He said I must lie to him alot...he's talking about me saying I'll be going to sleep soon after I'm done with my closet & I didn't. That's all he text lastnight.

So this morning I text him saying good morning & asked if he was still upset. He texted back saying "I'm not upset. Can't change how you present yourself. O well, gonna make it not bother me anymore." And that was it.

Does this make me a liar!? Is this really a big deal because to him it is & I just don't see it. What should I do? It bothers me that he thinks I'm a liar.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
catrig
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM
3 moms liked this

That's ridiculous.  If I say I'm going to use the restroom and go to bed does it make me a shady person if I decide to get a glass of water?

VidaLove
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Exactly what I think...really ridiculous

Quoting catrig:

That's ridiculous.  If I say I'm going to use the restroom and go to bed does it make me a shady person if I decide to get a glass of water?

rockinmomto2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

He can be all those things, but if he's constantly thinking you're going to cheat on him, that's going to put a massive strain on your relationship. And honestly, if you already have kidS together but aren't living together, that's a huge red flag. I personally wouldn't stay in that kind of relationship. It's not healthy.

Quoting VidaLove:

I know this can make him come off as controlling but he's really not that type of person. He's the most sweetest, compassionate, caring man that I have ever met. I love him very much & hold  high respect for him. He takes care of me & our kids. He's also very responsible...I do think that his reaction can be stemming from a past experience.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Um...he sounds like a controlling prick. Is that really the kind of relationship you want to have?

Celtic_Dragon
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM

So glad I don't have "Facebook" drama. :(

VidaLove
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

We are a combined family. I have two boys of my own & he has 4 of his own. We have none together. I get what you're saying & thanks for your advice :)

Quoting rockinmomto2:

He can be all those things, but if he's constantly thinking you're going to cheat on him, that's going to put a massive strain on your relationship. And honestly, if you already have kidS together but aren't living together, that's a huge red flag. I personally wouldn't stay in that kind of relationship. It's not healthy.

Quoting VidaLove:

I know this can make him come off as controlling but he's really not that type of person. He's the most sweetest, compassionate, caring man that I have ever met. I love him very much & hold  high respect for him. He takes care of me & our kids. He's also very responsible...I do think that his reaction can be stemming from a past experience.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Um...he sounds like a controlling prick. Is that really the kind of relationship you want to have?

Megan11587
by Megan on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Sounds a little controlling to me...

Megan11587
by Megan on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Wait a second...didn't he tell you he was going to bed at 9, too??

LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds likes hes butt hurt lol.

VidaLove
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

lol...yea he did...i called him out on it too, he said the Facebook notification woke him up. yeah right!

Quoting Megan11587:

Wait a second...didn't he tell you he was going to bed at 9, too??

mommie_x0x
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Why was HE up... Didn't you say you both go to bed at 9..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN