Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Am I Really In The Wrong!?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 34 Replies

Okay so it's like this...SO & I don't live together yet. I was up about 9:15 reorganizing my closet & putting clothes away when I called him to say goodnight...We made it a routine where we always call at 9 to say goodnight because that's when we both go to sleep. I told him I would be going to sleep soon after I finish my closet & putting my clothes away. After we hung up, I started moving elsewhere in my room, picking up, cleaning my room. At 10:45 I finally lay down & I get a Facebook notification from my cousin, he's a guy, he commented on a pic of me that my SO posted on my profile. I responded back to his comment & about 1 min. later my SO texts asking if I'm still up. He got the notifcation from Facebook too after I responded back to my cousin. I explain to him that I ended cleaning the rest of my room. He said I must lie to him alot...he's talking about me saying I'll be going to sleep soon after I'm done with my closet & I didn't. That's all he text lastnight.

So this morning I text him saying good morning & asked if he was still upset. He texted back saying "I'm not upset. Can't change how you present yourself. O well, gonna make it not bother me anymore." And that was it.

Does this make me a liar!? Is this really a big deal because to him it is & I just don't see it. What should I do? It bothers me that he thinks I'm a liar.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myboysx2
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Ugh, that stinks... I guess you really need to talk to him and explain to him that you didn't lie to him, you just got carried away with cleaning.  Its kinda silly he got so upset.  Maybe he's been lied to in the past... idk.

Sorry I hope everything works out.

VidaLove
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Yeah...I myself do not get it. But he relates everything to cheating...like I've been on this no carb diet & the other day I wanted just one bite of a piece of cake...I tell him it's just one little bite & he says "well what if some guy wants a kiss, are you going to give him just one little kiss?" I don't think every situation can relate to cheating.

Quoting myboysx2:

Ugh, that stinks... I guess you really need to talk to him and explain to him that you didn't lie to him, you just got carried away with cleaning.  Its kinda silly he got so upset.  Maybe he's been lied to in the past... idk.

Sorry I hope everything works out.

meg4763
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I do not think he should have gotten upset or accused you of possibly cheating in the future just because you stayed up later than usual on one occasion. It sounds like he may be insecure from a past relationship where he carried over distrust into your relationship.  I would just explain to him that you did not lie, nor would you ever do anything to hurt him intentionally, but also that you don't deserve him to treat you that way when you technically did nothing wrong!

rockinmomto2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Um...he sounds like a controlling prick. Is that really the kind of relationship you want to have?

MrsMetalMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM
He should have calmed down and let you explain. i see no big deal. Sit him down and talk it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hectictracy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM
You weren't wrong. Sounds like he is controlling! If he freaks out over something so small, what's he going to do about something serious? My first thought is get out now while you can, I wouldn't live with somebody like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mustloveanimals
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM

How old is this man? What an adolescent way of acting!

ProudMommy51006
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM
3 moms liked this
I see red flags all over the place... This is controlling behavior. Try to talk to him, but I wouldn't move in with him until he resolves his insecurities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VidaLove
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I know this can make him come off as controlling but he's really not that type of person. He's the most sweetest, compassionate, caring man that I have ever met. I love him very much & hold  high respect for him. He takes care of me & our kids. He's also very responsible...I do think that his reaction can be stemming from a past experience.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Um...he sounds like a controlling prick. Is that really the kind of relationship you want to have?

marie2409
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. He is being a little bitch. Major red flags! You are sooo not in the wrong, he very much is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)