Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Am I Really In The Wrong!?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay so it's like this...SO & I don't live together yet. I was up about 9:15 reorganizing my closet & putting clothes away when I called him to say goodnight...We made it a routine where we always call at 9 to say goodnight because that's when we both go to sleep. I told him I would be going to sleep soon after I finish my closet & putting my clothes away. After we hung up, I started moving elsewhere in my room, picking up, cleaning my room. At 10:45 I finally lay down & I get a Facebook notification from my cousin, he's a guy, he commented on a pic of me that my SO posted on my profile. I responded back to his comment & about 1 min. later my SO texts asking if I'm still up. He got the notifcation from Facebook too after I responded back to my cousin. I explain to him that I ended cleaning the rest of my room. He said I must lie to him alot...he's talking about me saying I'll be going to sleep soon after I'm done with my closet & I didn't. That's all he text lastnight.

So this morning I text him saying good morning & asked if he was still upset. He texted back saying "I'm not upset. Can't change how you present yourself. O well, gonna make it not bother me anymore." And that was it.

Does this make me a liar!? Is this really a big deal because to him it is & I just don't see it. What should I do? It bothers me that he thinks I'm a liar.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
Megan11587
by Megan on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Yep, I'm not buying that for a second.  Tell him to quit being a baby.

Quoting VidaLove:

lol...yea he did...i called him out on it too, he said the Facebook notification woke him up. yeah right!

Quoting Megan11587:

Wait a second...didn't he tell you he was going to bed at 9, too??

MissElissa21
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I think it's silly. I would just forget all about it and tell him to get over it, but I'm rude like that.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I do see how it looks, and he might just be really insecure. You did nothing wrong. I'd probably just talk to him about it - keep it civil - and let him know that you need him to trust you if this relationship is going to work.

Good luck

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM
He is being very controlling. What a jerk. He sounds manipulative.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof5247
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Yikes. This sounded so much like an exbf of mine that I got the shivers.
He would flip out about every little thing. If I didn't hold his hand right away, if I delayed in ordering (thought of trying something new), if I couldn't call right when I said I would.
It turned into a very stressful nightmare. I became jumpy, tense & dreaded his voice or arrival.
Put your foot down now. Be careful & & consider an escape plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allthatjazz251
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM

He REALLY needs to grow up. I would be careful. This level of immaturity makes him sound VERY controlling.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM

This is what I was thinking. Is he 15?

Quoting mustloveanimals:

How old is this man? What an adolescent way of acting!

ShannaBee
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM
He is making a big deal out of nothing. I hope the two of you can talk this through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabellelee
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM

He has control issues, run. Unless you want to spend the rest of your life second guessing every little decision you make (down to your bed time!?) because you don't want to upset him

Lena-Loo
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Run for the love of god run!! People like that bug the sh*t out of me... Urg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN