Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do You cater to Your Husband?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you Cater to Your Husband's needs, wants or desires?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Replies (101-110):
jmjdj
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Quoting nicole2884:

i would not call it catering because to me that means you sacrifice your needs to put his first we are equal therefore  we take each others feeling an interest into consideration when making decisions , an yes we do nice things for each other but not out of obligation because we want to

idk i just feel catering is very negative 

I couldn't agree more.  I don't like the term at all because it implies submission in my mind.  I do nice things for him regularly but so does he.  For example, he works out of town all the time so when he's home I always cook for him. (We don't live together.) He appreciates the home cooked meal immensely and lets me know.  Just last week when I cooked he kept the leftovers and took it with him.  The next evening I got a text that said, "it sure is nice to have a home cooked meal out here with a heart added at the end."  When I told him I could do it more often he said it wasn't necessary.  I thought it was just as sweet for him to thank me the night I cooked and then again when he was eating the leftovers as he thought it was that I cooked for him.  This past weekend when I worked 22 hours out of 36, he took me to a nice dinner because he didn't want me to cook after being so exhausted. 

I realize these are just little examples, but to me this is what relationships are based on...a mutual understanding of what the other person's needs are and what you choose to do to meet them.  It's not me catering to him because he's a grown man and is perfectly capable of finding his own food as am I.

k_hall1784
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I don't like the word "cater". It just feels "slave" like. I do what I can when I can for him. 

woodmamma
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:07 PM

yes, to an extent. i wont let him take advantage of me. but he does the samethings for me

AlekD
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Yes. Well I try to I still struggle with some selfish tendancies but I know that my hubby feels more capable and masculine when I am in a more submissive role. This may not be true for every man but my man really thrives when he knows that his wife is depending in him and I thrive when I feel protected by him. I show my gratitude by "catering" to him (I love to do it, he never forces me!) and providing a peaceful home environment for him. He shows his gratitude by working hard for us and being an awesome and affectionate hubby and Dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
model1000mom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

We cater to eachother equally.

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

We both cater to one another. More him to me lately bc Im pregnant.

Congrats!

LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Thanks!

Quoting BOOGIETHEBOOG:

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

We both cater to one another. More him to me lately bc Im pregnant.

Congrats!

mommaslilmen
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Yes...but I don't get much back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
V3R0NICA
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I cater to my husband and he caters to me, we both spoil each other :) and i woundn't want it any other way :)

tanksgirl
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I def cater to him....he caters back sometimes usually when he knows i am super pissed.

<3 Tanksgirl <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)