Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A couple thoughts running through my head ...

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
  • 41 Replies
Do you believe in soulmates?
If you do does that mean that you guys are so perfect for each other that there really aren't any rough patches in your relationship. Meaning everything is happy bliss til the day that you die holding hands?
And if there is such things as soulmate does that mean that the rest of us that have issues in our relationships (cheating, lying, abuse, jealousy etc.) are with the person that wasn't "meant" for us but we are still with them because we love who they are, because WE want to be with them. Yea it may be good and have your bad times like mostly "everybody" but could it of have been that much better if we would have found our one. Although if it were true we would probably die before we actually were able to run into them with so many people on the earth. Lol yea I sound crazy. Thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyto3bees
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Not sure
LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Absolutely. But I didnt before I met my dh.

Back in March I was working in a new Meijer as a merchandiser. I happened to look up and see this guy...tall, handsome, salt/pepper hair, full sleeves, glasses.I quickly looked away bc I felt I looked too long lol. After that Id get excited to catch a glimpse of him. He never seemed to notice me and was never smiling.

Fast forward to the end of June. I get a message on PoF (dating site). There is this guy rambling about how hes an old punk, blah blah blah. Kinda intrigued so I clicked on his profile. Hes 47!!! (Im 30) Eek I thought, didnt respond but kept thinking about it. Then guy messages again "So I noticed you didnt respond but I dont want to freak you out and think Im an old creeper but we work at store 52 together"

It was that guy...lol. After freaking out (he didnt look 47 to me and his profile pic didnt look like him) I responded. We chatted back and forth, exchanged numbers, text ALL night, and agree'd to meet the next day. We hit off right away. I have never been more attracted to someone and have never met anyone like him.

Turns out he'd noticed me but was in the middle of a divorce and focused on school. To top it off he just didnt think Id be interested so never talked to me. But when he joined the site, my profile popped up right away. He swore he wouldnt marry again. Now, four months later were married. Everything that him and I have done or decided to do together has just fallen into place. We had even lived within 3 blocks of one another for the last 10 years lol.

He isnt perfect but by god, he is perfect for me.

nicole2884

i do believe in soulmates, but i dont believe that means your relationship is perfect

dh an i have a great relationship i believe he is my soulmate, but we have disagreements an we argue, but we are at each others level an we address problems in a civil manner an own up to our part in it. its not perfect but we arent so drastically different, we respect each other an would never cheat i know that sounds naive but i have had so many bad experiences that i know what is what

soulmates doesnt = no problems 

babybuddafly
Lol thanks.

Quoting mommyto3bees:

Not sure

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I don't necessarily believe that soulmates = no problems either. Lots of random thoughts going on. You know how there are some couples that meet each other and 3 weeks later they are married and 60 years later they are still completely in love and they NEVER argue. They say everything has ALWAYS been absolutely perfect. That's where my question comes into play. Did THEY find their true soulmate? I'm happy with my dh and yes we argue and then we makeup and on it goes. Just gets me thinking what goes into making it SO perfect. :)

Quoting nicole2884:

i do believe in soulmates, but i dont believe that means your relationship is perfect

dh an i have a great relationship i believe he is my soulmate, but we have disagreements an we argue, but we are at each others level an we address problems in a civil manner an own up to our part in it. its not perfect but we arent so drastically different, we respect each other an would never cheat i know that sounds naive but i have had so many bad experiences that i know what is what

soulmates doesnt = no problems 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairywings1223
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to believe in soul mates but not anymore. A few months ago I would of said yeah.

babybuddafly
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Awwe yea I know what you mean. So many things happen in crazy ways that you can't help but to think that it was MEANT to be. You can't help but to fall in love with somebody. I just wonder if WE make our own soulmates for ourselves. Does that make sense? Lol

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Absolutely. But I didnt before I met my dh.

Back in March I was working in a new Meijer as a merchandiser. I happened to look up and see this guy...tall, handsome, salt/pepper hair, full sleeves, glasses.I quickly looked away bc I felt I looked too long lol. After that Id get excited to catch a glimpse of him. He never seemed to notice me and was never smiling.

Fast forward to the end of June. I get a message on PoF (dating site). There is this guy rambling about how hes an old punk, blah blah blah. Kinda intrigued so I clicked on his profile. Hes 47!!! (Im 30) Eek I thought, didnt respond but kept thinking about it. Then guy messages again "So I noticed you didnt respond but I dont want to freak you out and think Im an old creeper but we work at store 52 together"

It was that guy...lol. After freaking out (he didnt look 47 to me and his profile pic didnt look like him) I responded. We chatted back and forth, exchanged numbers, text ALL night, and agree'd to meet the next day. We hit off right away. I have never been more attracted to someone and have never met anyone like him.

Turns out he'd noticed me but was in the middle of a divorce and focused on school. To top it off he just didnt think Id be interested so never talked to me. But when he joined the site, my profile popped up right away. He swore he wouldnt marry again. Now, four months later were married. Everything that him and I have done or decided to do together has just fallen into place. We had even lived within 3 blocks of one another for the last 10 years lol.

He isnt perfect but by god, he is perfect for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM
I think it depends on where you are in your life. People do change. Sometimes I feel the people we have children with are not the people we are supposed to spend the rest of our lives with. I look back on who I was when I was 20 and can't believe that girl is me. My exhusband and I are complete strangers now. The only thing we have in common are the wonderful kids we created. My now husband and I are a perfect match. But I wonder if it would be like that if we had had kids together. The things that make you go hmmmmm. Lol. But I like your post. I often wonder the same thing!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Awwe. :( sorry for whatever happened to you. What if HE wasn't the one for you? Lol I have to sound crazy. I mean I REFUSE to believe that the person we end up with was simply because we learned to live with them and accept their flaws. You know. Hurting each other at times. Goes both ways of course but love exists for a reason unless THAT is what live is. why so complicated to have it perfectly? :)

Quoting Fairywings1223:

I used to believe in soul mates but not anymore. A few months ago I would of said yeah.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairywings1223
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I'm starting to wonder if he is the right one. Its been nothing but lies and all from him. I hate feeling negative all the time. :(

Quoting babybuddafly:

Awwe. :( sorry for whatever happened to you. What if HE wasn't the one for you? Lol I have to sound crazy. I mean I REFUSE to believe that the person we end up with was simply because we learned to live with them and accept their flaws. You know. Hurting each other at times. Goes both ways of course but love exists for a reason unless THAT is what live is. why so complicated to have it perfectly? :)

Quoting Fairywings1223:

Jennifer Wife to Shaun 2-28-00 Mom to Alexus 2-13-06, Elizabeth 8-30-03, Domanic 6-30-02,Whitney 8-10-01, Mac 10-19-99, Macayla 12-29-98 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)