Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Little ways to be more of a "home-maker" type wife?

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband recently took a job working the night shift for a factory. He is always really tired and sore and doesnt get home until 2am. I have been cooking dinner and saving him a portion and then writing a note (& leaving it where he puts his keys) saying where his dinner is, what it is, etc. He really seems to appreciate it and mentioned how nice it is.

I know his mom is super-SAHM and always does really motherly things like that for her kids and husband. I wish I was that way...but I am really more of the strong, independant, working woman type. I admit that I suck at being helpful and affectionate and more wife-like. I have no clue what other nice gestures and helpful habits to start doing to be more like that. So...any ideas?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Replies (21-26):
SareyF
by Sarah on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM
My mom used to do that for my dad. Us kids loved it and I think dad did too.

Quoting lapcounter:

When my husband worked a night shift, the girl's and and I would make a picnic dinner and take to him he loved it and had just a small bit of family time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM
I know we all did, he helped us stay connected.

Quoting SareyF:

My mom used to do that for my dad. Us kids loved it and I think dad did too.

Quoting lapcounter:

When my husband worked a night shift, the girl's and and I would make a picnic dinner and take to him he loved it and had just a small bit of family time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenesis915
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM
I should do the dryer thing my hubby would love it! Thank you haha

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Since its getting cold out....maybe throwing his clothes into the dryer to get warm (or on the heater) while hes in the shower, starting his car for him, leaving him little love letters in his car, wake yourself during one of his breaks just to text him and let him know youre thinking of him.... Thats just a few I had off the top of my head

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mckinneymom918
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM
He married you for you, not because he wants you to be like his mom. You will just fail if you try. I've tried :) I tried fixing his favorite meal, but all I ever got was, "it's good but not as good as my moms". So I stopped. Each week, I plan a menu (i have an app on my phone) and email it to him, so it's not a surprise, he likes that. I try to keep homemade cookies in the freezer for him. Just little things that he'll notice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willow.wind
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I thank hub for being a good provider for us... It's nice to hear it.. My hub really likes it when I bake banana bread he can eat it for breakfast or a snack & that always makes me feel like a domestic goddess...
shilohkitten
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM

You could pack him snacks to bring with and beverages he likes, and do his laundry for him.  DH loves when I do all his laundry.

I'm not the SAHM type either so that's the best I have, sorry!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN