Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm REALLY in a pickle!!!!!

I'm not sure what to do. Here is my problem. I have a very active 1 and half yo daughter and I've got to have foot surgery that requires me to be OFF my foot litteraly for 8 weeks. All my family lives outta town and my daughter's fathers family is WORTHLESS they dont want to help me and neither does he. First thing he told me when i told him about the surgery was... " dont expect me to take my vaction time" and then his mom said " Well I guess youll have to do it all, like i did"

He is the type that IF you have any kind of medical issues he looks down upon you. Like he KNEW from the start of the realstionship that i'm a type 1 diabeties so obvousely I have to get freqent medical care ( mind you *I* carry the medical insurance AND pay all my own med bills ect ect).

I'm thinking that I might just have to tell the Dr that its not an option because of what i desribed above. Sigh..... I'm really depressed.  I dont really have any friends... i have people i know at work... but no body that I would trust to help me and take are of my little one. HELP!!!! What should i do????

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
meganisamom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM
I don't think they're married. She said he's her daughters father. :(

Quoting Lefty38:

DIVORCE your POS husband and find a good man! He's ridiculous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Do you have any friends that can help you? A neighbor? Maybe they can give you a wheelchair so you can still get around without hurting your foot even more.

Due9
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I just happen to live in the same area you do. I can come over and help you if you need help. Please send me a message and let me know.

lovemymichael
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Sitter city.com.
jen1130
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I feel so bad for you... I understand how you feel. I had to take 8 weeks for my foot to heal enough to kind of get back to normal. I had a bone tumor removed. (My DH helped, but I still had to find a way to do as much as I could)

If you can not wait...tv meals or make and freeze little meals that you can micro wave. Get most supply's in crates or boxes low enough to reach.
Get new or used toy's that are new to your child. Introduce a new item at times when your baby is starting to get stir crazy. The library has toy's and movies ect. Don't let baby girl see your stash of toys. So she will have little surprises when you need her to.
If you have to have things like meds for you lock them up in overnight bag using a little lock and key ( just to besafe) and try to set up in 1 area.
See about her father refilling your supply's as well as taking out the trash and taking baby for a walk.

I know someone said a church if you go, that is a great idea.... Let people help. It's hard when your used to doing it on your own: (

Again I am sorry and I hope everything goes well for you and baby girl: )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
That's is very sweet

Quoting Due9:

I just happen to live in the same area you do. I can come over and help you if you need help. Please send me a message and let me know.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tisiphone122810
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Thank you for the kind offer!!! You are very kind =) If i have the surgery after all I will keep you in mind =) hugssss Again thank you =)
Tisiphone122810
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I think I'm just going to post phone the surgery. I had to do this last year too. I've needed surgery for awhile now. But when you have kids... you do what you gotta do.

I really condering just walking out on the relationship. My daughter's father even tho he said it so called jokingly he said that SHE was my daughter and not his because she has my last name. He basicly abandoned me during my pregnancy didn't go to any appointments or anything. I purchased ALL my daughter's things my self. So I think we just wont come home one day and Ill work on getting an apartment of our own. At least if i'm going to do it alone... which ive been doing basically.... ill raise her in peice and quiet and also in a happier living sitation.
Titana
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Don't blame u there! I always say if I have to work like a single mom and do it all, I might as well just be a single mom.

Quoting Tisiphone122810:

I think I'm just going to post phone the surgery. I had to do this last year too. I've needed surgery for awhile now. But when you have kids... you do what you gotta do.

I really condering just walking out on the relationship. My daughter's father even tho he said it so called jokingly he said that SHE was my daughter and not his because she has my last name. He basicly abandoned me during my pregnancy didn't go to any appointments or anything. I purchased ALL my daughter's things my self. So I think we just wont come home one day and Ill work on getting an apartment of our own. At least if i'm going to do it alone... which ive been doing basically.... ill raise her in peice and quiet and also in a happier living sitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Megan on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I'm sorry, but your husband sounds like an ass.  Can you afford a temporary nanny?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN