Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm REALLY in a pickle!!!!!

I'm not sure what to do. Here is my problem. I have a very active 1 and half yo daughter and I've got to have foot surgery that requires me to be OFF my foot litteraly for 8 weeks. All my family lives outta town and my daughter's fathers family is WORTHLESS they dont want to help me and neither does he. First thing he told me when i told him about the surgery was... " dont expect me to take my vaction time" and then his mom said " Well I guess youll have to do it all, like i did"

He is the type that IF you have any kind of medical issues he looks down upon you. Like he KNEW from the start of the realstionship that i'm a type 1 diabeties so obvousely I have to get freqent medical care ( mind you *I* carry the medical insurance AND pay all my own med bills ect ect).

I'm thinking that I might just have to tell the Dr that its not an option because of what i desribed above. Sigh..... I'm really depressed.  I dont really have any friends... i have people i know at work... but no body that I would trust to help me and take are of my little one. HELP!!!! What should i do????

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:19 PM

OMg.. That's more than 8 weeks!! We have some of those that take YEARS to heal. I have to ask, How old are you that you have something that bad? Did you just ignore your diabetes? Do you smoke? 

One option for you: My hubby works in Interventional Radiology. They have a "drill" called a Diamondback. They use it on patients like you ( among others) to open the blood vessels in the legs to allow better blood flow to open wounds such as yours. It's an in/out procedure with minimal pain. It can help increase healing. You would need to ask your primary for a referall to someone like this in your area. Another thing is to find out about skin grafts to speed healing. We have a patient that we put a skin graft on this past year and OMG what a difference. Increased blood flow and then new grafts every so often and it made a world of good for him. 

AmyD43
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Yep!

Quoting Lefty38:

DIVORCE your POS husband and find a good man! He's ridiculous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdy9440
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Quoting TommyAbby:

OMg.. That's more than 8 weeks!! We have some of those that take YEARS to heal. I have to ask, How old are you that you have something that bad? Did you just ignore your diabetes? Do you smoke? 

One option for you: My hubby works in Interventional Radiology. They have a "drill" called a Diamondback. They use it on patients like you ( among others) to open the blood vessels in the legs to allow better blood flow to open wounds such as yours. It's an in/out procedure with minimal pain. It can help increase healing. You would need to ask your primary for a referall to someone like this in your area. Another thing is to find out about skin grafts to speed healing. We have a patient that we put a skin graft on this past year and OMG what a difference. Increased blood flow and then new grafts every so often and it made a world of good for him. 

Tommyqbby, I had ankle surgery nearly 2 yrs ago and still have pain and swelling. He cut out a piece of bone, said it had a cyst? And used cadavor bone in its place...will I ever be out of pain?
jen1130
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I am wondering do your X-rays show that the cadaver bone took?
When I had mine it really took a while to heal I maybe able to take a pic of the X-ray and post it so you can get an idea of how much bone I lost.( If you don't mind). Even after my 4 months when I was walking on uneven surfaces like my dirt driveway or step on a small rock with my shoe on it hurt. I now only have pain when it's cold. It's been 6 almost 7 years but I for sure had some pain for a few years.

Quoting jdy9440:

Quoting TommyAbby:

Tommyqbby, I had ankle surgery nearly 2 yrs ago and still have pain and swelling. He cut out a piece of bone, said it had a cyst? And used cadavor bone in its place...will I ever be out of pain?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcauseimthemom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Do you have any family memeber that is able to come and stay with you to help you out??

jdy9440
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Thanks for your reply... I have went back several times and he has done more rays and MRI, he said it all looks good. How long did you have pain afterwards?

Quoting jen1130:

Tisiphone122810
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM

no my problem isnt because i dont control my diabetes. Its because ive had it since birth so for 35 going on 36 yrs now.

jen1130
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Mine was off and on for a few years but the first 6-8 months was the hardest. Mine was the big toe bone in the foot. I had a bone tumor about the size of my big toe... I lost most of my own bone in the area (the biggest part on top) then the bottom bone cracked. So I had a good bit of cadaver bone.
I still have a dip in my foot so you can see that it's well....I guess just not the same as the other. But it's ok now just hurts in the cold.

Quoting jdy9440:

Thanks for your reply... I have went back several times and he has done more rays and MRI, he said it all looks good. How long did you have pain afterwards?

Quoting jen1130:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen1130
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Wow you have been dealing with medical things all along ....I am sorry and your stress from your baby's dad I am sure is not helping.
Please just know I am sending you good thoughts .

Quoting Tisiphone122810:

no my problem isnt because i dont control my diabetes. Its because ive had it since birth so for 35 going on 36 yrs now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelly126
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Wow, so sorry about your situation! I agree with most of the PP's that said to take your daughter and leave that POS! Maybe you could look into moving close to your family so you only have to postpone for a short period of time until you find a place and get settled.
Wishing you all the best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN