Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you get along with everyone in your husband's family?

Posted by   + Show Post

If not, how do you deal with your differences?

juggling

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Replies (101-110):
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Yes but that doesnt mean I like them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM

We laugh at each other.  They think I'm snobby b/c I like to keep my teeth and I don't want my children to turn into thieving drug addicts.  So they laugh at me.  I laugh at them b/c they're toothless and thieving drug addicts.

BeThMo3
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I love them from a distance

yinyang6788
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM

no i don't. my oldest step-daughter  hates me. who cares?

thecoffeefairy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM
My entire ex's family hated me. My fianc├ęs family love me and consider me family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFLgurl
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I do. They love me. :)

Now my family.. they dont love him thats for sure.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I get along with pretty much everyone in the world. I just don't like everyone in the world all that much. lol My DH's sister and oldest brother are difficult for me to garner any real affection for but we get along just fine. I'm pretty open about when I'm annoyed so nothing really festers. I'm also pretty easy going so I don't start a fight unless it's absolutely necessary. Works well.

Luvmykids1234
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Quoting bellebear:

That's a tough one for me???? Hmm.... let me see, I basically have to give in all the time when it comes to my fiances mother and father witch feels like in laws at this point since we all have know eachother for 18 yrs. So my mother in law is crazy/ crazy by choice. And father in law is a complete irrational ass!! They hate me and probably always will. I cater to his mom and put up with his dad. They are nice when they want to be. Behind my back they slash me every chance they get.They never admit when there wrong or apologize. So I just pass it off and get along until the next time.

Oh wow this is my situation completely & my health is suffering from their mental abuse. I want to like my in laws but they don't make it easy.
bellebear
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Quoting Luvmykids1234:

o my health too! Living with graves disease witch causes anxiety and depression. I also live with my in laws cause we lost our home. Then a few months later my Fiance lost his job of 8 yrs. Its been real hard. Don't mind at all if you ever want to talk about it.
momzking
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Oh NO LOL!!!! My Dh Aunt hates me because she thinks he can do better than me but the issue is She is mad I refuse to let her get involved in our marriage!!!

I also don't get along with my two brother in laws, The yougest brother I don't like him because he stole has done identity fraud using my dh information, we only found out when we went to get a new apt.  I never been so mad in my life. Now my dh middle brother (My husband is the oldest out of the 3 of them)  we can never talk again, his wife and him are on drugs and they are mad because I seen them taking it and told the family, so my brother-inlaw is mad and told me he will kill me and bury me where nobody can find me becuse he is an ex- police officer and knows how not to caught..... Yea you threating my life and I will never deal with you ever again, but now he wants to apologize to me for causing me all these problems but ( He told my dh I told his wife I was cheating on my dh, when I never really had a conversation before without my dh being there)

But I'm grateful my MIL& FIL are wonderful!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)