Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you get along with everyone in your husband's family?

Posted by   + Show Post

If not, how do you deal with your differences?

juggling

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
daijobu
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Quoting macbudsmom:

Lol I am an odd ball... I get along quite well with my ex dh's family, just not him.

LOL!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I get along with everyone but I'm not ovelry fond of my SIL

CjEmmemommy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:01 AM
No, we don't speak to his mom and her family. His dad and family is normal crazy so we just seem them a few times a year. They are loved but on another level so the relationship is guarded,
chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I like them yes at times we.have purpose differences but we get along
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellebear
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM
That's a tough one for me???? Hmm.... let me see, I basically have to give in all the time when it comes to my fiances mother and father witch feels like in laws at this point since we all have know eachother for 18 yrs. So my mother in law is crazy/ crazy by choice. And father in law is a complete irrational ass!! They hate me and probably always will. I cater to his mom and put up with his dad. They are nice when they want to be. Behind my back they slash me every chance they get.They never admit when there wrong or apologize. So I just pass it off and get along until the next time.
TXbornmama
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I get along with them and when I dont I say something and we talk it out.

ncohetero
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Nope. Avoid ones I can't be civil with and others I just put the differences aside and speak when spoken to. Especially with my mil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katamike
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I get along great with Dh's family, I absolutley loved his grandma, we just lost her this past december :( I love his family. He just can't seem to get along with mine..lol For good reasons which i dont have the time or desire to get into..

Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM
I get along great with everyone in my husbands family except his youngest sister because I do not put up with her Shit. She tried to manipulate my husband and she cannot. My husband realized early on in our relationship what was happening to him. Now right years later he has no contact with her. Her parents know the situation and completely understand. they really understood our position when I called dad at two in the morning Florida time because she wanted my husband to come and handle her problems because she claimed her husband was beating her oldest which was five at the time. First we love in California, second we were on vacation with my husbands mother who was dying, we knew it would be the last summer we would have with her. Third we were on a rock that unless there was a medical emergency or you had your own boat there was no getting off of until the morning. She lost it when I called her father who lives down the street. I called him because he is the closest relative and she obviously needed immediate help. Well come to find out she lied and was just mad at her husband because he had to work and she wanted her big brother to best him up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Not a soul.  But we've been estranged for the past 14 years, so it doesn't really cause any problems anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)