Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you get along with everyone in your husband's family?

Posted by   + Show Post

If not, how do you deal with your differences?

juggling

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
daijobu
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Didn't think I had any problems, but apparently a chip-shouldered distant relative of his has taken an immediate and unprovoked severe dislike to me.  Come to find out she treats most females in her orbit the same way.  (I feel especially bad for her dil.)  Odd duck, but I could care less.  Her obnoxious and vicious attitude has guaranteed herself a place firmly out of our lives.  Sad thing is, she laid it out for everyone to see.  Adults and kids alike.  It was the strangest experience.  So much for being respectful to my elders.  (sigh) 

amber710
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM

No. And we kind of don't deal with our differences. I pretty much just make an effort to be civil to them when I can't help but be around them and I try not to be around them alot. For example, I don't like his dad's side of his family. They host these weekly dinners that have always been miserable for me. So, I have stopped going with him. He does the same thing with my family. He loves certain people and keeps in contact with them and visits them...but the people he doesn't like he just avoids. And I don't push him to do anything he doesn't want to.

I admit that I HATE his brother. And that one is tough because he is close to my brother. He has this wierd love-hate relationship with my mom, and they sometimes are great friends and sometimes cant stand each other.

Geez, I guess its complicated.

Ruffnekwife87
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM
No, his older sister cant stand me, she hates me, wishes she could kill me and can't stand the fact that he married me!

We are forbidden to talk to each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Heck to the NOOOOOOO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Bahahahah NO! And I dont talk or associate with them.

BevLuc
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Yes yes yes,they are amazing,funny,whenever we together i have the time of my life:-)

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:04 AM
I love my in-laws. What a blessing! My family is full of crazies so I'm glad to have a new, sane family lol
MissElissa21
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:36 AM

For the most part. I love his family, they don't always think about things the same way I do, but it's whatever. I don't get along with his dad, but neither does he, so it's a nonissue. We deal with him, by ignoring him. He sends "pitty me" letters once in a while, and I don't know if he is trying to hard, completely oblivious, or just a dumbass.

goddess829
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:46 AM

I LOVE my hubby's family and hang out with my MIL and SIL's whenever I can.  They have been more than good to me.  We don't always get along, but we try to agree to disagree when that happens.  They are fantastic grandparents/uncles/aunts, and I love my nephew's/neice, so the agreeing to disagree is worth it for everyone.

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:52 AM
I get along with 99% of his family and have my own wonderful relationship with each of them. He has a few worthless, good for nothing cousins but nobody in the family likes those assholes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)