Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you get along with everyone in your husband's family?

Posted by   + Show Post

If not, how do you deal with your differences?

juggling

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Replies (51-60):
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM
We have a good relationship now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Yes I do

maria1613
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Yes, for the most part. I don't really get along with his oldestt sister in law when she drinks, but then again no one does, so we just never get drinks with them. Other than that yeah, I get along really well with them all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jett286
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Yes, we get along can spend holidays together and family events but they drive me and my hubs NUTS~  they all talk SO loud and over eachother.  I usually have a headache (well that could be due to the amount of WINE I drink when we are all together) when we leave or more likey they leave our house!  And so excited to spend the evening with them on Friday at a very loud restaurant...NOT...  LOL they seem to think they are coming to my house for Thanksgiving... We invited ourselves to our friends house for dinner (our adopted family) and won't be able to spend that day with them.  So bummed NOT!

MomRocs1102
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Heck no, dhs dad and step mom talk to me from time to time (and that just started within the past few months). Dhs moms side(none of them speak not even his mom) well we see his grandmother once a yr and finally she seems to be being alittle nicer. Actually to be honest they hardly talk to dh so yep were the outcast of dh`s side of the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Metteba
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM
My current BF's family. Let's see I have not met them and have no plans to, either. I'm just not into pretending to be nice. He has never met my brothers or sister, and will never meet my mom or dad, only cuz I fear my mom and dad will embarass me...my parents' are alcoholics and the things that come out of their mouths is just UNREAL...LOL.
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM

No, I don't get along with all of them.  I'm civil to those I don't want to be around, and I don't go out of my way to initiate conversation with them. 

PISCIS29
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
my fil, mil, single bil19,and single sil17 live with us so shutting up is not an option for me. We just try to calmly voice our respective opinions. But when my mil pulls out her nails ( she's the only one that LOVES to argue and I mean w/everyone even her own) I respectfully and forcfully tell her to back off. Dh has tried to get her to chill so now he just tells me that if she's rude to defend myself at will. But with everyone else I'm cool. I am pretty close to bil19 just cuz he reminds me of my lil bro.

CafeMom TickersPISCIS29

TS9509
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Yes! I actually get along with them better than some members of my own family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyKBabies
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I don't care if I see ever see his immediate family again. I do like his grandmas & aunts though :) It's his mom & sisters I can't stand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN