Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your dh? *little update in replies*

Posted by   + Show Post
Does your dh appreciate you? Does he take notice when he comes home from work and the house is extra clean and you went out of your way to do something nice for him? Does he ever tell you he appreciates you, or say thank you when you do something specifically for him?

My dh does not, and he is also really sucky at expressing his emotions and he never ever hands out compliments. I am so crazy head over heels in love with him, but I am so tired of not being appreciated. I do nice things for him alllll the time, Im a sahm so Its my job to cook the meals and keep the house organized and clean and I also homeschool, we have 3 kids and I'm 32 weeks pregnant. I have tried telling him that I need to feel appreciated and that I need a compliment once in a while, and when I tell him he will say oh yeah thanks for cleaning the house. And that's the extent of it and it never feels sincere he says it with sarcasm... I'm sick of asking him to appreciate me, I'm sick of not feeling appreciated. I feel like he takes me for granted and all the things I do for him. Im just soo tired of it! And being a hormonal emotional pregnant woman isn't helping matters at all, and I know it. So what can I do to help him get the picture?! Like I said I love him to death and I am completely committed to him %100 and he has so many excellent qualities and so many things that I adore about him, I just need him to improve a little in this area because it's my love language, I feel the most loved when I feel appreciated. How can I help him really understand that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Replies (31-34):
AMDS0304
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Yes my husband does. He thanks me for everything. I get a thank you for cooking, washing his clothes, taking care of the kids and everything I do for them, everything I do for him.. Hell I thank him for working so I can stay home.. We just both try to always appreciate each other for things we do.. Your dh should be more attentive you could be a slob but you choose to keep a clean home and take care of your children.. I bet if he can home to a mess home once in a while he would be thanking you and appreciating you more. We use to have the same issue but now my dh sees I didn't just get to sit around all day at the time we had 3 small kids and two of them are twins. Yeah he didn't always come home to a clean house everyday our twins are special needs. Our son was on oxygen and an apnea monitor until he was 9 months old.. My kids came before the house.. Dont get me wrong it was clean just not spotless with everything in its place!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_of_tw0
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:47 AM
Stop doin what you do I bet you he will notice then. Men suck at whose things, not all men, but a lot. And it sucks. I'm sorry you feel that way :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Every day when my husband comes home he says how great the house looks, how yummy dinner smells (if I have already cooked dinner) and he is always telling me how much he appreciates me but that's just his style. He likes to know he is appreciated as well.

capfelbeck
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM
My dh just told me that my kids would be doomed with school help if it wasn't for me!! He doesn't tell me every day but he tells me enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)