Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alright ladies I need help with my boyfriend

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ever since we had our now 17 month old our relationship isn't NEARLY as close as we used to be :'( .... Intimate maybe once a week. No hugs when we get off work like we've missed each other all day. It's wrk home dinner bed. Blah. We don't really have the money to go out. I feel like we are roommates sometimes. What can I do?!! :((
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

You need to make a date night regardless of th money situation. Prepare dinner ahead of time, gt a sitter, and go somewhere. Park ir if its cold eat in the car somewhere pretty and TALK. Also, maybe play a game together after you put the kiddo to bed. Make it a game that each of you have to do something special for the other once a week. Be creative on this :)

LadyBugMom09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to make time to be alone together. If you can't afford a date, go for a walk in a nice park, rent a dollar movie from red box and get a cheap bottle of champagne or a nice dessert, play a game together like the PP said. You need to put your parents hat away and put on your lovers hat. You have to make the time and effort. And DONT talk about the baby.... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Quoting LadyBugMom09:

You need to make time to be alone together. If you can't afford a date, go for a walk in a nice park, rent a dollar movie from red box and get a cheap bottle of champagne or a nice dessert, play a game together like the PP said. You need to put your parents hat away and put on your lovers hat. You have to make the time and effort. And DONT talk about the baby.... :)

Dayna29
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:13 AM

What these ladies said! Make a point to give him a hug and a kiss when you see each other. Make advances at him. Leave little notes around the house for him to see. Sexy note or just to say I love you! After baby is in bed, hold each other close and watch a movie, or just talk about your day. It takes action. Its hard when you live a fast and tired life. It goes by fast then you look back and its gone. You wonder why you are wehre you are at. Make every day a little bit of love showing. I had to do that. Just stop and smell the air outside and look at the sky, look at the flowers and trees. Do that with hubby!  :)

smoore30906
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:18 AM
Sometimes a quiet walk is just the thing. Today me and dh took a walk along the river, very romantic. The chill in the sure made it perfect for snuggling up on the bench. You dont need a lot of money to spend time together. We love hitting the redbox
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Text him during the day,something sexy,make absolutely sure you have alone time to talk and be silly,get a sitter and spend some time doing something free,like a picnic,or a hike.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Its normal for things to get dull with life, and routine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM

You're both exhausted. I know some people love that stage from 15 months-3 and a half years, but I HATED it. It's just exhausting. Give it time, it will get better. 

CameronsMommy23
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM
All the above responses are great ideas! And things are a bit faster paced when you have little ones running around. They'll grow up fast though so hang tight!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amandaellyn19
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Thanks ladies!
also I was diagnosed with depression after I had my son. And some days I'm son in love with my bf and other days I don't want anything to do with him. I feel horrible that I get this way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)