Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I slept on the couch last night... :(

Posted by   + Show Post
I've been sick, running fever all day. DH works ft and goes to school ft, which has him coming home around 9pm M-Th.

I had a busy night despite my 102.5 fever...son had soccer practice, dd had robotics. When DH got home he immediately pecked me on the cheek and said he needed to study. I got whiny and told him i was sick and felt lonely and needed some tlc.

He got upset and said I give him a guilt trip every night saying he doesn't make time for me. Then asks me if i want some tea. I say yes. He never makes it for me. I go to the bedroom and lie down for the 2 hours he is studying after i get the kids in bed

Im upset, feeling sick and neglected until he comes to bed then he acts clueless as to why I seem sad. We then get on the topic of how we dont ever have date time together and he gets upset with mw saying how can i expect him to plan date night when we never have a sitter for his daughter (we have a blended family and i am custodial sm to his dd. .my kids go to their dads every other weekend).

I feel like i do it all and i work full time too. He has a hot meal each day he comes home, i take care of his dd full time with no help...all i ask is one planned date night a month to keep me feeling like a woman.

The final straw was him telling me he's never been with a woman who needed 150% of his attention all the time. Which is so unfair!

So i got up and went to the couch. He gets up 6 hours later and asks why Im on the couch. So clueless!!! Then he goes back to bed.

Sorry to vent so early but Im just so hurt! And being sick doesn't help. :(
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:52 AM
Replies (31-31):
mommieofII
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I slept on my couch also because our new puppy was crying all night so I let him our of crate and staying in living room with him... And my bf was mad at me too even though he was the one who told me to shut the dog up and that was the only way to do so....he left this morning for wirk without saying bye so now I am upset.. I have always been told dont leave upset and he did so his morning...

He should of been there to take care of you, especially if u bend over backwards for him. maybe he needs to see what it is like to have to fend for himself... have him make dinner get kids to bed one night and he can see how exhausting it is especially if u work all day too...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN