Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What halloween costume do you remember wearing as a child?

Posted by   + Show Post
What costume do you remember wearing as a child?
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Omg, those were the days. I remember my mom making me a witch costume which was the bomb. A black satin material but thicker with fringe. It also had a cape and hat. I was the SHIT. I also remember going as the almighty Isis ( maybe too long ago for some of yall to remember) also I went as the roadrunner and got made fun of :( beep beep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I remember most of my costumes. I went as a witch one year, a princess another (reusing the bridesmaid dress I wore for my sister's wedding), Maid Miriam from Robin Hood (I sewed the costume myself), a castaway - back during the first season of All That on Nickelodeon and Lori Beth Denberg & Alisa Reyes did a skit about being stuck on an island, Buckwheat from Little Rascals - I went as the one from the remake movie in the 90s, I had dreads and black face paint :), and once I went as Scully from the X-Files. I also still dress up now and have been a lot of cool things, LOL :)

jbjb1024
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Minnie Mouse and a witch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lurion
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

My mother made a one eyed purple people eater costume. I think all my brothers and sisters wore that at one time or another. 

Always homemade, though! 

piratepixie
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM

my mother wouldn't allow us to do anything for halloween so i never got to dress up, go trick or treating or go to any parties.... my memories of halloween was that i stayed home from school and when it got dark we turned off every light in the house so that people would think we were not home and not come to the door. my sister and i would sit by the window in the dark and watch the other children and there families go up and down the block...

Trish0023
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Quoting piratepixie:

my mother wouldn't allow us to do anything for halloween so i never got to dress up, go trick or treating or go to any parties.... my memories of halloween was that i stayed home from school and when it got dark we turned off every light in the house so that people would think we were not home and not come to the door. my sister and i would sit by the window in the dark and watch the other children and there families go up and down the block...

That doesn't sound fun at all do you do anything for Halloween now since you are grown?
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I was an Indian Brave one year. I remember I was upset (I was about four maybe three). My twin got the dress and I had to wear the pants. I was so mad that I had to be the "boy".

One year I was a witch. A cat. A vampire. And the last time I did Halloween I was a soldier, I was about  13?

2lilmamas
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Ironman
Jacqalyn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I was about 5 or 6 and my costume was Oscar the grouch.
maryjxo1988
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I remember one year while my younger siblings were a princess and a ninja, my mom dressed me up as a furby =/ Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN