Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your husband likes all your friends?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 17 Replies
Recently, I made the decision to tell one of my on again off again friends that my DH is not fond of her (due to a fall out me and her had and he felt that was a shady friend and hasn't care for her since then) that was more than a year ago. I was really hurt and pissed off but I got over it. (The argument) Because we're always on and off. Which was definitely not healthy. I should have told her last year about his and my feelings. But I was in a super high risk pregnancy and an emotional mess. So I let it sit. Now I'm pregnant again and it's finally a girl and we're throwing a baby shower/ family get together. And DH asked if she has to attend if yes okay never mind. But I know my DH if she came he would be sociable but not comfortable. So I told her we need to talk and I was finally able to tell her about DH feelings. And regarding the baby shower. I understand her feelings were going to be hurt but she took the whole conversation to another level basically saying I'm letting some man come between our friendship and say who I can be friends with. In this case it was my decision because I felt we weren't even close friends anymore and we were drifting apart. I think she forgot that. Plus I was sick of trying to make this friendship work when you have to tap dance around everything.

Have you ever been through this??
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjabubble
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I have zero friends, excluding my sister.
I however dislike his friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iheartmiboys
by Candy on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM

BUMP!

DesireMM
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM

My husband has had an issue with every single one of my friends. One because she had cheated on her husband and ended up marrying the guy she had the affair with. Another because she was "below" me, his words. Another because she said that he would never amount to more than a name tag wearer (understandable on that one). So now I just don't have friends. Makes life easier that way.

samurai_chica
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM

she sounds like a major drama queen...

iheartmiboys
by Candy on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Quoting DesireMM:

My husband has had an issue with every single one of my friends. One because she had cheated on her husband and ended up marrying the guy she had the affair with. Another because she was "below" me, his words. Another because she said that he would never amount to more than a name tag wearer (understandable on that one). So now I just don't have friends. Makes life easier that way.

do you miss hanging with girls?
samurai_chica
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

DH & i generally like each others friends. ALthough, i was fresh out of a divorce when we met...and didn't have many friends at all. I moved far away to marry my ex, so i didn't know anyone down here. When we split, all the friends i made through the ex dropped me like a hot potato.

So...DH's friends all adopted me when we got together. I have made many of my own friends along the way though...some of them DH liked, some he didn't care for too much. Usually, if he thinks a girl is slutty...he doesn't like her. He HATES it when women talk like they are horny men...(even though i do all the time when DH is not around...hahaha)

DiANAiVELiSSE
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Quoting Ninjabubble:

I have zero friends, excluding my sister.
I however dislike his friends.

same here!! but i like some of his freinds

bpryce
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh likes all my friends, some more than others, but really i dont have many and i do not continue to build relationships with people who are drama oriented so we've never had a situation like this. However my dh is very protective over me and i know he would strongly encourage me to stop talking to and wasting my energy on someone shady.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iheartmiboys
by Candy on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Quoting samurai_chica:

she sounds like a major drama queen...

yes, you have no idea. It's like she'll say the nasty things and later say you know I was upset sorry. But that's how I feel. I'm like but it still hurts
DesireMM
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes very much so. I always joke that I will just wait around until he finds me a friend that he approves of.

Quoting iheartmiboys:

Quoting DesireMM:

do you miss hanging with girls?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN