Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If your DH/SO is 10 or more years older than you...

Posted by   + Show Post

...do you have plans for widowhood?

I'm sure this sounds really morbid, but I want to know if I'm the only one.

I have a Bucket List...things to do when DH kicks the bucket.  I hope I get many more years with him, but he's 10 years older than me, overweight and a smoker.  Chances are I won't have him nearly as long as I want to. 

All the things on my list are things DH doesn't like or isn't interested in: own a cat (just one), travel to foreign countries, and take ballroom dance class for example.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Replies (11-17):
LovingMy2x4
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Hes 10 years older, but that doesnt mean he'll go first. He is healthier than I am. And there are such things as cancer and car accidents. You just never know. 

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Quoting LovingMy2x4:

Hes 10 years older, but that doesnt mean he'll go first. He is healthier than I am. And there are such things as cancer and car accidents. You just never know. 

True. 

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

KyrinM
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
This doesn't apply to me, I'm the one who is the oldest in my relationship, & I would hope he has no plans for if I die first. :( I am hoping that despite the difference in ages that we grow very old together, since the women in my family are long lived, I have high hopes.
benandarasmom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM
My ex was 12 years older than myself. He always "thought" he as wiser....LOL. I would do as you wish!
Honeybunches26
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM
My hubby is 8yrs older than I but we are both still very young... Id rather him get paralyzed and have to care for him until we both die than him die and me live on.. I hope if we don't die around the same time I go first he is everything to me... We have list of things we wish to do together but we both know wed be lost apart..he is currently healthier than I and after babys born I am striving to get healthier to be able to live a full and wonderful life with ny best friend...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoffarmkids
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Hubby is 16years older, but no bucket list here. We have talked about if something happens to one of us especially him because his dad died around 50 and hubby is 46. But our talks and planning is making sure everything is where I could carry on with 2 very small children and not have our lifestyle change. Hubby inherited a good bit and has work his butt off all his life and was 38 when we married and 40 when our 1st was born so he had saved all and we have been able to start a life/home and all debt free and would like to keep it that way so our kids can do the same at an earlier age. I can even imagine what I would do without him so I sure cant make plans without him in them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Well he's 3 months shy of 10 years older than me.  I really don't have a definitive plan in place, the thought scares me quite honestly.  But I feel like just because he's 10 years older than me doesn't mean squat.  I mean I could be in a bad wreck tomorrow (I pray to God not though).  You never know how many days you're allowed.  KWIM?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)