Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

~~~UPDATE~~~ My husband almost walked out on me last night.

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 80 Replies
~~~UPDATE~~~
This is a txt he sent me just now.
"I really love u a lot. I am sorry about last night. I will never do that to u or the kids again. I truly apologize and I love u"
This was my reply
"Aw babe. I love you too. More than you will EVER know. I never want to be without you. You are my rock. You're my world. You're my universe. I think that we should see a marriage counselor. I believe that a professional can help us and give us new ideas on how to handle stress. I know that you and I are meant to be together forever. I want help for myself because I need to be a better person all around. I dont think Im healthy, physically speaking.
What do you think?"
About the unhealthy physical talk, I've been having issues with what I believe are my ovaries. I am going to make zn appt to be seen because I have HPV and ovarian cancer runs in my moms side of the family. Just want to be cautious.

Our evening started just like any ordinary evening. I pick him up from work, we went to Walmart and came home. I am a SAHM and hubby works. He makes pretty decent money. Anyhow, on our ride home he is upset because our trip ended up costing $72. In the car he's saying how upset he is that he never has money for himself and all he is is a paycheck to us, ECT. Usually I bite my tongue and just listen to him rant but I got pissed at the "just a paycheck" comment. I spoke up saying something along the lines of its not true, we both made the decision for me to stay home with the kids while he worked, there's nothing I can do but ask him for money for things because I make $0. I asked him for $36 yesterday. $20 for my nails and $16 for our daughter to get her hair cut. (She got gum stuck in her hair.). Well, I should've just kept my mouth shut because I opened up a huuuge can of worms. He started ranting and raving about spending money and said some really fucked up shit about my mothering and how bad of a wife I am. He actually got so upset that he said he was leaving and taking our daughter with him. He told our 7 yr old daughter to pack some things for the night and give me and her brother one last hug. This was the most dramatic shit I have ever seen from him and for him to put our daughter thru it was, well, Im not happy about it. I ended up telling him that if he walked out we were over. I dont believe in separating or staying somewhere else for a night because you want to run away from the problem at hand. He asked me if I was serious and I looked him dead in the eye and said, " Yes". He still said he was going to leave, saying how bad I screwed up and that I can call my "man" and have him come over. WHAT?!? He was all over the place last night.
Fast forward an hour or so and he ended up not leaving and we talked. We talked about how we need to fix our relationship. We talked about a lot of things but Im to blame for everything. Im a horrible mother to our daughter because I treat our 1 yr old son better than her. Im a horrible wife because Im lazy and dont love my husband. Im just a horrible person all around. These are just a few things he said to me last night.
Can't believe I was this - - close to losing my world and he was going to take my princess with him. What a SHITTY night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM

You shouldn't have to avoid saying things to him when he's wrong just because he'll act like that.

I'm a sahm too but I don't "ask" my husband for money, I tell him what I need and he's fine with that.

I'm sorry but he sounds like an ass.

SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM
He didn't used to be like this. I was a SAHM with our daughter when she was little and it was never like this. I have this feeling that he doesn't want this anymore. That he's wanting out. But Im not letting him go without a fight. I need him. But if things dont get better for us then he might just end up getting what he wants. Things have increasingly gotten worse between us and Im not sure how to feel anymore.

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

You shouldn't have to avoid saying things to him when he's wrong just because he'll act like that.

I'm a sahm too but I don't "ask" my husband for money, I tell him what I need and he's fine with that.

I'm sorry but he sounds like an ass.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellymom127
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM

We both work full time but we have nights like that and I HATE them! Ugh, hugs mama.

LoveMyLos
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Fuck that! My dh pulls the same shit. Im filing for seperation this week. Dont put up with that shit. U deserve better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3gr8tKids
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM
6 moms liked this
The only constructive thing I have to say is this: Peanut butter will get gum out of hair every time.

As for the rest.. yeah I got nothing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

wow! my husband would be happy if all I spent was $72 at walmart :)

as far as your nails maybe you can cut that out??

any updates??

The_Doodle
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Maybe he is starting to resent being the only working parent. Have you thought about getting a part time job opposite his schedule to help with the extras?

SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Im done getting my nails done because Im tired of feeling like Im taking advantage of him. The nails are literally the only thing I ask for. I don't ask for anything else. But until I have a job and can pay for them myself Im not getting them done anymore. I told him last night that Im going to find daycare for our son and get a job. He said, "Yeah, that's GREAT parenting" with some serious sarcasm in his voice.
Everytime he gets paid its the same thing. Himconplaining about paying bills and buying groceries. I can only be quiet for so long before it gets to me. He bitched last night about money then turns around and ordered some movies from eBay.

Quoting ajrjj05:

wow! my husband would be happy if all I spent was $72 at walmart :)

as far as your nails maybe you can cut that out??

any updates??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Oh wow, I'm not sure what to say. I hope you two are able to work things out.

SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Of course I have! I had a perfect offer making $10/hr as a server Friday nights and Sat and Sun noon to end of dinner rush. He told me it wouldn't work out. It would have he just didn't want me to do it. Not sure his exact reasoning but a few things come to mind...

Quoting The_Doodle:

Maybe he is starting to resent being the only working parent. Have you thought about getting a part time job opposite his schedule to help with the extras?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)