Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

marriage

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this

i will be married 20 years on december the 22 of this year.we have had ups and downs so bad.i go to church he does not.but i know with Christ in my life,it has given me a love and respect for my husband more than i ever had before.in love

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Titana
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on 20yrs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LNLMommy
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on 20yrs!!! I hope to be there one day! 19yrs to go!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PROGENITOR
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Not sure if Christ really has anything to do with it. I wonder what the stats are on Christians being in longer marriages vs Humanists or other belief (or lackthereof) systems. To me, religion has little to do with it. Just about all the divorced folks I know are Christian.

PROGENITOR
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

But congrats on your long marriage::)

christianmom299
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont know.we have are ups and downs sometimes badly, but what ever happens in my marriage. i wil thank and trust God.my husband does not go to church, everyone has their own beliefs and i respect that.

PROGENITOR
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I think it is inspiring that you and your DH have been able to have different beliefs and respect each other. I'm sure that has a lot to do with why you guys have been together so long. Respect is huge in a marriage.

christianmom299
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

yes ..he was baptized and saved as a kid,he just does not go to church.he prays .we pray together sometimes.he and the lord are the only 2 that knows what kind of relationship they have,,my husband or i are easy to live with at times.we have had our share of problems.i guess we love and respect eachother enough to accept eachother as we are.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Alexandra on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Christians have a higher divorce rate than atheists and agnostics.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistfamiliesmarriage/a/AtheistsDivorce.htm

Dh and I are both atheists and have been married for 24 years.

Quoting PROGENITOR:

Not sure if Christ really has anything to do with it. I wonder what the stats are on Christians being in longer marriages vs Humanists or other belief (or lackthereof) systems. To me, religion has little to do with it. Just about all the divorced folks I know are Christian.

beeky
by Alexandra on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Congrats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)