Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your SO/DH work a lot?

Posted by   + Show Post
Mine does... I feel a little lonely sometimes. I mean I have a lot of people I could talk to but I want my husband! How do you deal with missing your other half?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
christianmom299
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

my hubby works rotating shifts, i week days, one week swing shit and one week graveyard.this week he is working 12 hour shifts.i am a stay home wife and mother.

olliesmommy2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Yep, and I don't have many friends or family close or to talk to. Live in a small place, not much to do. I do feel lonely. Dh works hard all week, so on the weekend he wants to relax and do his stuff. So I'm kind of alone on the weekends too. I drink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyBugs
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM
14 to 16 hrs a day 6 days a week, it sucks because when he comes home he hits the shower, eats then passes out...too tired to talk or anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Wow similar to mine. Its 630 here. He was out the door at 6 ... Will likely be home around 730 or 8. We never have dinner together on weekdays anymore

Quoting LovelyBugs:

14 to 16 hrs a day 6 days a week, it sucks because when he comes home he hits the shower, eats then passes out...too tired to talk or anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jacqalyn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:33 PM

He does. He works nights. 12 hour days 5 days a week. We really only get one whole day with him which is on Sunday since he sleeps late on Saturday. Of course he doesn't get home till around 7:30 am.

He may be going day soon, so I'm exicted about that :)

GodsAmiga
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Not always. His job is normally Mon-Fri and he gets off at 4:30. But he's military so if he gets deployed then he's gone for a long time. Hasn't happened yet but when he joined the Air Force last year he was gone for 6 months when he went to basic training and tech school. I distracted myself a lot with the kids and seeing my family a lot. I wrote letters to him every day and had the kids make him pictures and cards and took lots and lots of pictures with my camera.

fnlyhappy65
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Mine did but his Crohn's has gotten really bad and he's off work now :(

ZoeCY
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Mine does sometimes, there are weeks that he works 12 hours everyday and then because he works 2nd shift he sleeps for a good part of the time that our daughter and myself are awake.  On top of that right now he is doing a lot of work on the house we are buying so he is basically either sleeping, working, or working on the house.  

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Dh did when he was on sea duty. Now that he's on shore duty he is home evening and weekends :) not to mention he won't be out to sea 6 months out of the year for 3 years.
ack86
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM
My DH is constantly working. I've learned to keep myself busy even if I'm just crocheting. If I'm doing something, I don't think about him being gone as much. I feel a little bad that I've gotten used to him being gone so much, but I really have gotten very used to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN