Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your SO/DH work a lot?

Posted by   + Show Post
Mine does... I feel a little lonely sometimes. I mean I have a lot of people I could talk to but I want my husband! How do you deal with missing your other half?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mithsue
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Yep! I work morning he works afternoons and by the time he gets home I'm sleeping...i try and keep myself busy with my kid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl3227
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM

My husband is to.

Quoting thatgirl70:

Yes, he's an oilfield worker.

Cassandra1984
by Cassandra on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:36 PM

He works about 60 hours a week, I usually work around 38 hours a week so we both work a lot.

CMGorham
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Yes! DH works Fridays-Mondays til 6 and is in school Tuesdays and Thursdays til 6. With wednesdays off. We only get to see him for dinner and bed time when he's working. :-(
But we try to do a movie like once or twice a month and have DD spend the night at gmas every once in a while too.
pregnancy calendar
mommylove818
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Yes mine works 6days a week 11 to 12 hour shifts sometimes even over time and I'm a sahm :( it sucks but I have my dd that keeps me bizzy and I'm pregnant so gotta stay positive at the end of each month it's so worth it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MSmama_x3
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Yes! Shortest days are 12 hrs, most are 14 though and there's always a 16 hr every week.
It's difficult, especially since its really tough to plan things. He's the type that if there's another fuel load to be run, he does it. If someone needs to come in in Sunday, he does it.
He's just a really hard worker & I appreciate that so much, but there are times I get frustrated that we don't get to do much because he's never home :( I think that's just natural though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Yes. But he does other things too. He coaches two football teams right now. Pretty soon he'll be refereeing soccer then umpiring softball. 

We used to be super close but now we are barely together. It's killing us but if I'm going to be a SAHM it's what has to be done. Besides the coaching. That he's doing because he likes it. 

i.heart.myboys
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:41 PM
He works about 50 hours a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM
He works from 8am- 9,10,11pm 6 days a week. We have no family here and I have 1 friend I have made here and I'm a SAHM. It gets pretty Lonley =\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM

He works 50 hour weeks in the slow seasons. So yeah, I feel like he works a lot. And he's a very hard worker, very reliable. I do appreciate it because it means I get to stay home with our daughter, but it also makes me appreciate the time we do have with him as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN