Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your SO/DH work a lot?

Posted by   + Show Post
Mine does... I feel a little lonely sometimes. I mean I have a lot of people I could talk to but I want my husband! How do you deal with missing your other half?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
megm11511
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Does my dh work a lot? Lets see... In the past six weeks I've seen him a total of about 4 days.. It's gets very lonely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megm11511
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine as well

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

My husband is to.

Quoting thatgirl70:

Yes, he's an oilfield worker.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
henzel3
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Mine is a truck driver and sometimes when he is gone and I am having really crappy day I wait til our son is asleep and cry til I fall asleep. Its not easy but I deal with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Sometimes, depends on what's going on with his work. it sucks right now because he's got a lot going on and so do I, when he comes home I have to work late so we don't get to spend much time together. 

smenjivar
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I work more than he does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I read, i write. i keep busy with the kids and rebuilding friendships. and i vent to and get support from the group of other ladies in my particular situation here on cm. they are awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apple1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Yes...My husband works 10 hour days a lot, and with the holidays there will be even more overtime.  He also has an hour drive to and from work.  He leaves each day at 6:20 and gets home often times after 7pm.  It does get lonely as I have a non-verbal special needs little boy who I homeschool and help medically.  But, I have found that it helps to stay busy!  If you can get out and about with friends or relatives from time to time that helps too!  ((HUGS))

Ruffnekwife87
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My DH works anywhere from 2 to 8 wkd at a time 12 to 15 hrs a day 1600+ miles away from home and he only gets 2 wks off before he has to go back. I always know when he is leaving but I never know when he will be home. HE WORKS WAY TO MUCH!!!! We even have a joke that he cheats on me with his job that it's his mistress!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ruffnekwife87
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Gotta hate the job but gotta love the money. My DH is a driller!

Quoting megm11511:

Mine as well

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

My husband is to.

Quoting thatgirl70:

Yes, he's an oilfield worker.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattooedMomto4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:07 AM

He only works 50 or so hours a week now. Many years ago when our sons were younger he worked wway more than that. He was in the military for 5 years and put in about 70 so hours a week and was away for 2-3 weeks at a time every few months. From 1992-1997 he worked in the oil field (our sons were born in 1991, 1990, 1988 and 1986) andhe would work 16-18 hours a day with 1 day off every 6-8 weeks. I was so busy with our sons and homeschooling them that I didn't have too much time to miss him. It's all a blur now. We made it through it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)