Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I feel stupid for posting, thinking or even talking about this but… (little bit more info)

Posted by   + Show Post
• Do not comment if you are going to be rude, judgmental, bitchy, or in anyway shape or form an asshole about the situation, me or my DH. 

• No I do not have family to turn to about this

• No I do not have any friends to turn to 

• This is the only place I can go to vent, rant, rave and express how I feel.

• Here is the only place I can freely express with out being scared of anything. 

So… today is my 10-11-12 birthday! My DH has told me about a million time happy birthday because he feels bad about not being able to be here. Well we had a plan to go out to celebrate on the 20th but like every year something else happens to put a stop to that. (I have never had a birthday party or even celebrated my birthday EVER) DH and I have been together for 3yrs the 1st yr I was pregnant, the 2nd year he was at work, this year well this one pisses me off the most… he will forget because on 10-10-10 my DHs ex fiancés 19yr old son killed himself.  Now she is coming here that weekend and well yet again I am nothin to anyone. I don't mean to be selfish or sound selfish after 18 year (I'm only 25) I should be use to everyone forgetting my birthday by now but I'm not every year I'm hurt that no one remembers. And it does not help that my DHs aunt turned 48 today either. 

I don't know I guess it's just my pitty party and I know it's selfish but this is the first time I have her said anything about how I feel when it comes to this. Usually I just keep my mouth shut and go on with my day as though nothing even happened. I feel stupid for even talking about it or even caring after all these years I guess. 

Oh and my DH has been saying happy birthday to me all day a million times because he feels bad for not being here this year either he said. (He is at work) 

I'm not mad at my DH he set a reminder on his phone and that's to be expected because he has a really hard job and is away for so long. It's not about the gifts last month my DH bought me a new car for my birthday! It's the fact that no one acknowledged the fact it was my birthday even when FB tells people. Not even my own mother wished me happy birthday ):
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
furbabymum
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Well I'd be super upset. Course, I'm 27 and we still throw a party every year. My 30 year old DH and brother still get parties. :) Family, dinner, cake and singing. My family really knows how to celebrate things!!!!!

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM

yes, you do have an issue with it otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about it...

Quoting Ruffnekwife87:

They celebrate everyone else's but mine. EVERY year I have no issue with it, it just sucks that no one can remember mine

Quoting PROGENITOR:

Have you asked yourself why no one is acknowldeging your Bday? Is it part of their beliefs to not celebrate? There has to be a reason that no one acknowldges it. Maybe look into talking to a professional about your issues with this.

momma4AJ
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

happy birthdaygiftblowing candlespartybirthday sweetpeaholding giftsHappy Birthday to you and to everyone else that gets forgotten in the mix

johana21
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM
I have exactly 2 friends (I am so not kidding) my birthday is on January 2nd and every year everyone forgets! Most ppl will call on the 4th (my mom's birthday) cuz they remember hers and then say "oh sorry Johana it was ur birthday two days ago right?...happy late birthday" no one says happy birthday a day early because everyone is celebrating New Years and my coysin's birthday (she was born on New Years) I have had two birthday parties when I was 4 and when I was 10 I know how u feel no one has ever even tried to make something nice to me on my day...I'm sorry u have gone thru the same thing...but u know what u got a car and that is super cool my DH has two jobs and we just make ends meet so we don't even really get to enjoy going out like other couples we know do...I hope u have found a friend in me:) I know I am very late but I only just read your post if it means anything to you Happy Late Birthday!
Deannie1258
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Mines coming up in december and ummmmm i think im skipping this one lolbut happy birthday sweetie...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrysbolouvi
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Awwe I'm sorry to hear.. I know how you feel.. Since my DH and I started having issues, never does anything for me anymore, I'm lucky I get a happy bday or anything for that matter.. I don't ever expect much never have, but when it goes to nothing it hurts... Hope next year is better for you, go do something nice for yourself you always feel guilty about and have fun doing it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColinsMommy12
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years. Known him for 6 and yet... He still cannot remember the date of my birthday. Our anniversary is 5 days later and he doesn't remember that date either. He knows the month and as used to it as I am sometimes it hurts your feelings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SareyF
by Sarah on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM
My birthday is never big but it's always been important to me. It feels really crappy when people can't at least take the time to notice you.
I'm sorry you are feeling blue. Happy birthday. Do something nice for yourself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evanne337
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Happy birthday. & hugs ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deb79
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM
That's how I feel every year. Only my bff made a big deal out of my birthday. My DH was a big ass and I cried in my room most of the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN