Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I feel stupid for posting, thinking or even talking about this but… (little bit more info)

Posted by   + Show Post
• Do not comment if you are going to be rude, judgmental, bitchy, or in anyway shape or form an asshole about the situation, me or my DH. 

• No I do not have family to turn to about this

• No I do not have any friends to turn to 

• This is the only place I can go to vent, rant, rave and express how I feel.

• Here is the only place I can freely express with out being scared of anything. 

So… today is my 10-11-12 birthday! My DH has told me about a million time happy birthday because he feels bad about not being able to be here. Well we had a plan to go out to celebrate on the 20th but like every year something else happens to put a stop to that. (I have never had a birthday party or even celebrated my birthday EVER) DH and I have been together for 3yrs the 1st yr I was pregnant, the 2nd year he was at work, this year well this one pisses me off the most… he will forget because on 10-10-10 my DHs ex fiancés 19yr old son killed himself.  Now she is coming here that weekend and well yet again I am nothin to anyone. I don't mean to be selfish or sound selfish after 18 year (I'm only 25) I should be use to everyone forgetting my birthday by now but I'm not every year I'm hurt that no one remembers. And it does not help that my DHs aunt turned 48 today either. 

I don't know I guess it's just my pitty party and I know it's selfish but this is the first time I have her said anything about how I feel when it comes to this. Usually I just keep my mouth shut and go on with my day as though nothing even happened. I feel stupid for even talking about it or even caring after all these years I guess. 

Oh and my DH has been saying happy birthday to me all day a million times because he feels bad for not being here this year either he said. (He is at work) 

I'm not mad at my DH he set a reminder on his phone and that's to be expected because he has a really hard job and is away for so long. It's not about the gifts last month my DH bought me a new car for my birthday! It's the fact that no one acknowledged the fact it was my birthday even when FB tells people. Not even my own mother wished me happy birthday ):
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (61-70):
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Happy Birthday, I should add.

Redwall
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I would be so mad!  You husband knows it's your birthday and did nothing?  Not a card or a small gift or nothing?

It doesn't matter that you got a car for your last birthday...where is he THIS birthday?

MrsMetalMama
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Let it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrtymcdnl
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Happy Birthday! sorry it didnt turn out as planned. YeAH I would be kicking my dhs ass!

Mrs.Tirado
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM
true

Quoting mrs_smiph:

That really sucks but it's better to make God the only one you depend on for your happiness. If you depend on people to make you happy, you're bound to be miserable for the rest of your life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daijobu
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM

(Hugs!)  Happy B'lated B'day!  Just read this post for the first time.

annasmom1234
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Everyone deserves a "Happy Birthday!"  You just want someone to show they care.  Here is my happy birthday to you.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOUUUU!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOUUUUU!  HAPPY BIRTHDAAAYYYY, YOUUUU ARE SPEEEEECIALLLLLLLL!!!!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!

you rock

thecoffeefairy
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:58 PM
It's not selfish to want a birthday acknowledgement
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doglover1002
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Happy Birthday!    I know how you feel.  I have never had a birthday party either and I am 47!    This year however is the 1st year no one even wished me happy birthday.  it was two weeks ago.  I know it is hard.  But I do hope you try to have a Great Day!      

tatia90
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM
I know how you feel. When I was a kid I never got one single day. My sister always got the day parties. I hated it and it sucked. It cuz my bday was a ween away from christmas so i got to open one of my christmas presents, which sucked. Cuz it meant i had one less xmas present. When my fiance and I started dating almost 2 years ago I told him about my days. So my 1st bday we was only dating for a month and a half and he got me a promise ring, and for Xmas he got me some house stuff. Then after we had been dating for a year and we couldn't really celebrate NY day the day of it. He got me a white rose, a beautiful card, Nd a beautiful pair of earrings. For Christmas he got me a ps3 with the move, and some games. Then when we had the chance we went out. This year for my day we both will be working long hours at the same job. So I told him all I want for my day when we get to celebrate it is, a day spent on me. Just a pleasure day lol.
Happy belated birthday and I hope you have a wonderful day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)