Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Chess or Bowling?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM
  • 18 Replies

Today Oct 13th is both:

National Chess Day

And also:

National Family Bowling Day (or kids bowl free day) /Call and check with your local bowling area to see if they offer free bowling for your kids today/

Do you or anyone in your family play chess or bowl?

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PROGENITOR
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM

They are both fun

Lorena
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:38 PM
My brother bowls and my dh subs for him sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadsW
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM
We all play Chess & I used to be the Youth Director and junior bowling league coach at a bowling alley.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I like to bowl. I do not know how to play chess but DH does.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM
My boys are currently in the chess team at their school (my daughter used to be before changing schools). I have a couple of chess trophies from the 80s. My husband and I occasionally set up a game and play it as we have time.

We bowl together a few times a year just for fun. During the winter we have some pretty fierce wii bowling tournaments during family game nights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Alexandra on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM

We all like bowling but only my youngest dd and myself like chess.  And we're the ones with ADHD.  Go figure!

SparklingHope
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM

In the beginning of DH and I's marriage we use to have chess matches..best out of 3. Haha. Haven't played chess in a while since our last one we had broke (it was glass..but that fake glass stuff not that expensive glass). We love bowling too. Both is fun! 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM

My husband use to take our kids bowling once in awhile for a family actiivity when they were growing up, but we havent done that in quite awhile since they grew up. We should probably do that again soon (winter would be a good time good indoor activity in bad weather)

I have never played chess before but my husband loves it. He likes to play it online against other people or against the computer. He use to play at lunchtime with his one of his previous bosses before that place closed down. His boss played in tournaments so Todd would be pretty excited when he could actually beat him once in awhile.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

sweetmissy_05
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Bowling-I have never played chess.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM

We do both. Our 8, 7, and 6 year olds know how to play chess.

We also bowl as a family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)