Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Controlling DH from HELL!

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 43 Replies
Next Sunday, October 21st, my DH and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary. We've been together a total of three years but for the past few months he's been very controlling. Doesn't want me having a Facebook, doesn't want me with a instagram, doesn't want me going out w/ friends etc, but he can do anything he wants and if I say something, he starts bxtching and going on. I'm beyond tired of feeling down, controlled and feeling I'm trapped in my marriage. I love him dearly but enough is enough. I have feelings too and I'm tired of crying. I just want to have some meaning to him and stop feeling like I'm walking on egg shells. He says I nag too much but I only nag about the things he has asked him to help him change so he can be a better man. But once I try to help, he goes off. It's like he wants me to care but goes off then when I stopped caring he still goes off. Double edged sword right? He still asks like a teenager. Everything he does has an excuse. From putting his friends first to his attitude. He doesn't see anything he does. Like no matter what he does or how bad, he isn't worried about the aftermath. I leave for army boot camp on the 30th and I'm at the point where imma hate leaving my kids but yay to be away from him headed towards divorce, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE IN DIVORCE. I take my vows seriously but seriously what do you do when love isn't enough to make you stay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fairywings1223
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM
I'm sorry you're going through that. Hopefully it will get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM
May I ask how old you two are?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmom7210
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Higs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Some counseling would help. Hopefully while youre gone he will see what lifes like without you and be willing to work on saving the marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsMikeyy
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:09 PM
We're both 23. He turns 24 next month.

Quoting Kaybean:

May I ask how old you two are?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM
I am VERY sorry. This sounds JUST like my story.... I didnt want my marriage to turn into a divorce BUT my XDH got worse and eventually Hurt us and it was beyond repair. It took another year for me to FINALLY get out.. and that was when he just crossed the line with MY DD. Other ladies in here have read the posts I used to post before I deleted them.. It was bad .=(
Im not saying that it will be like that for you, But Be careful. If hes willing to seek some help and counseling then that would be great. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Quoting biancalina20:

I am VERY sorry. This sounds JUST like my story.... I didnt want my marriage to turn into a divorce BUT my XDH got worse and eventually Hurt us and it was beyond repair. It took another year for me to FINALLY get out.. and that was when he just crossed the line with MY DD. Other ladies in here have read the posts I used to post before I deleted them.. It was bad .=(
Im not saying that it will be like that for you, But Be careful. If hes willing to seek some help and counseling then that would be great. Good luck

I remember your posts, I'm happy to hear you left. Good for you momma

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

No one deserves to be controlled, husband or not. His behavior and attitude could spiral out of control. I suggest counseling. Good luck

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
THANK YOU! I am VERY happy! I finally sleep deeply! Well until my DD pushes me to the edge of the bed buahahaha! =)

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting biancalina20:

I remember your posts, I'm happy to hear you left. Good for you momma

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Colleen86
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM

*sigh* these situation sare very very VERY complicated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN