Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

weird wedding band rash? has this happened to anyone else? (picture inside)

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

i have had this for over a month now. it doesn't hurt but sometimes it itches. i haven't worn my wedding band since i discovered it. i thought maybe an allergic reaction but all the rings i wear are made of the same material and it hasn't happened with the others. has anyone else had this problem? what did you do? 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Smilely08
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Yes but mine wasnt as bad. I would always wear mine when i wash my hands, it probably just needs air from time to time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army-Wife0128
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM
My hubby and i are trying to figure out the same thing. His is Tungston and has the same thing as you. He had to take it off because everytime he wears it his rash gets worse. He's had tungston before so we have no idea..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gatorswife1401
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I had that. No where near that bad. I would get mine after I washed the dishes and forgot to take my rings off. I put neosporian (sp) on it and it cleared up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeysMom11
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM

mine is sterling silver. but like i said all my rings are so i don't get it. i don't know if i should be worried or not? let me know if you guys figure it out! :)

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

My hubby and i are trying to figure out the same thing. His is Tungston and has the same thing as you. He had to take it off because everytime he wears it his rash gets worse. He's had tungston before so we have no idea..

MamaJAG
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My guess is that it might be fungal.  Something like athletes foot.   Ring finger, wide band, finger gets wet a lot and the band encourages fungal growth.  I would try tea tree oil for a while (4-6 drops in 1 Tablespoon olive oil). 

This is JUST a guess.  I tend to try tea tree oil and lavender oil on everything due to their healing properties.  =)  Tea tree oil works when I start to feel itchy, yucky in my downstairs from wearing exercise clothing too long.  TMI.  =)

jbjb1024
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup, it happened to me to me. I took it to the jeweler I bought it from, they cleaned and the rash went away. It had been a few months since it had gotten cleaned so I think something got in there and irritated my skin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army-Wife0128
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Hope we are abke to figure it out because it would be nice for him to be able to wear his ring again. I never take mine off and i am constantly touching water. Either by washing dishes, showering, washing my hands after using the bathroom or giving the kids a bath, and he handles alot if papers all days so it can't be due to water for him. hmmmm...

Quoting ZoeysMom11:

mine is sterling silver. but like i said all my rings are so i don't get it. i don't know if i should be worried or not? let me know if you guys figure it out! :)

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Looks like you got some kind of cleaner or something under it that aggravated your skin. Have you put any ointment on it? You may want to...and maybe keep it dry for a while.

MrsBell29
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Yes it's happen to mine also, I have to take it off for a few days and this may sound funny but i use toothpaste and a tooth brush to clean it.

Lena-Loo
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no you are allergic to marriage!!! lol Yes, a df of mine had the same thing. He got a new wedding band and it went away. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN