Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

weird wedding band rash? has this happened to anyone else? (picture inside)

Posted by   + Show Post

i have had this for over a month now. it doesn't hurt but sometimes it itches. i haven't worn my wedding band since i discovered it. i thought maybe an allergic reaction but all the rings i wear are made of the same material and it hasn't happened with the others. has anyone else had this problem? what did you do? 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Replies (21-22):
MomOfTheBluHome
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Put a pot on the stove with water, peroxide, rubbing alcohol, and I use tea tree oil or lavender oil. Thread your ring/s with yarn and suspend them in the water. Let it boil with the rings in it for 10-20 minutes. After your finger heals, you can go about 4 months or more without it happening again. It's a fungus that grows under your ring from the crap that gets between your ring and your finger when you wash your hands wearing your ring, cook, put on lotion etc. I have to do this too
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:55 AM

To me, that almost looks like a chemical burn.  Like you were cleaning with something and solution got between your ring and your finger and caused a burn.  JMO though.

You might want to have it checked out.

...I say chemical burn because rashes that don't go away have a nasty habit of spreading.  This is seeming to stay in one spot correct?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN