Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

New to the group

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

Dh and I met while going to school for psych nursing. he had been medically discharged from the military for about 4 months when we met. he wasn't able to finish the program i did. I started working for the state he got a job that was half a state away from my job. this was about 1 yr into us dating. we both packed up and moved  to the other side of the state. his 2 pre teen kids came to live with us. it was to much financially, even with both of us working making over 20 an hour so we moved to a more affordable place, back about mid state.At which point we got married his kids,specifically his then 13yr old daughter, were use to big city's we were living in a town. All hell broke loose with his daughter and he didn't believe a word i would say. during this time i left for a month to make him have to deal with everything i had been dealing with pertaining to his children, i was also preg during this time. when i got back he realized that i wasn't lying but things didn't get better. It put a huge strain on our relationship, i grew to resent him, barely able to stand him after the almost 2 years of his kids living with us.

We are slowly working on things getting back to how they use to be but there are still a lot of problems. Mainly i don't talk to him he gets defensive. The stress of me being the sole provider for him our dd, and his son, which i don't mind but he wants me home all the time, not possible. I work at a prison surrounded by guys, not just inmates lol. he gets jealous so i can' ttalk to him about good or bad days at work. He is always complaining about our sex life. and it finally came down to me telling him that i had so much built up resentment that i could barely stand him that was about two months ago since then we are progressing and he has seen how much not stepping up in my time of need damaged us as a whole. So that is my story in a nut shell.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
henzel3
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Wow sorry to hear this and welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Wow thats a lot going!
Welcome to the group though! ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Wow you've been through a lot.  Welcome to the group sweetie!  :)

Mari6443
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Hello and welcome! Wow...you really have a lot going on! We are all here for you if you ever need someone to talk to.:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daijobu
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Glad to hear you are both working on it and that he has come to see the actual picture more clearly.  Keep progressing!  (Hugs!)  and Welcome!

AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Wow!! Welcome Hun!! I'm Alanna!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN