Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

im done with it all.

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:51 AM
  • 27 Replies
Im so done with my dh. He doesnt give two shits about me or these kids. His van broke down a month ago and i have been without a car. He knows i need one. All he has to fix is a break line. Not hard. Not rocket science. My step dad said he would fix it, but of course dh said no, he would do it....i said, no, you wont.
My ds school had my ds mental health arrested a week ago, and i had to meet him at the hospital. Instead of hopping in my car to meet him, i was on the side of the rd with my two yr old for an hour waiting for a ride.
I told dh how i felt about everything, not just this, and hes pretty much ignored it. Just like he does me and the kids. Fuck him. Im packing some stuff today, and going to see if he even notices.
I was so close to just having myself comitted last week bc it would just be easier than this bullshit. I still may.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Dont commit yourself. He could use it against you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Psh...even if he did, he wodnt get the kids. He has no clue how to deal with them. I went out once without them and he called me 20 minutes later and was whining about how overwhelmed he was. Sick of pansy ass men.

Quoting Aslen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ksmomy
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry! I'm guessing you aren't looking for advice. When you have a "partner" who is selfish and making life harder it really is easier to do it alone. I don't believe in staying with someone for the sake of the kids or always working it out. I do believe that a person should stay as long as they can and try everything they can to work things out but if all is said and done and things never change then do what's best for you and the kids.

If/when you leave have your dad fix that break line so you aren't without a car anymore! Good luck! I hope this works out for the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Aww... hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Not to mention just leaving the kids in that situation.

Quoting Aslen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Thank you. Im just so over everything. And i doubt he will let me take the car. Not worth the fight.

Quoting Ksmomy:

I'm sorry! I'm guessing you aren't looking for advice. When you have a "partner" who is selfish and making life harder it really is easier to do it alone. I don't believe in staying with someone for the sake of the kids or always working it out. I do believe that a person should stay as long as they can and try everything they can to work things out but if all is said and done and things never change then do what's best for you and the kids.

If/when you leave have your dad fix that break line so you aren't without a car anymore! Good luck! I hope this works out for the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM
My kids would be just fine, but youre right.

Quoting Dimples04:

Not to mention just leaving the kids in that situation.

Quoting Aslen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MadameBeckford
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

No Sweetie!! Having yourself commited is not the answer nor the way. The way to get change is to first change. Change how you deal with DH and how you respond and yes maybe you will have to move out and on with your life. Most important thing is to make sure that you are safe and confrontable, so that you can take care of your children. A unhealthy moom leads to an unhealthy home.

nverheyn2011
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Don't do it unless you intend on harming yourself of the kids. Trust me, I've been there done that, and it was the worst decision I've ever made. It just puts the whole thing on hold!

Quoting Aslen:

CafeMom Tickers
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Even if he didn't use it against you, you'd still have children that would be able to say later in life, "Mommy had herself committed", and you are still removing yourself from their presence, intentionally. 

I understand your frustration, if you are really done and ready to go, by all means, go. But think very carefully about what you are doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)