Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is a wedding proof of love?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am of the impression that men are getting married to some ladies so they can " get it over with". They say marriage is for ladies so in essence most men dont really want to be married! is this evidence that they are always looking elsewhere and their desire to cheat is not so pressing on their conscience when they are unmarried? Men prefer to marry older; when they have been wild and have done it all and need some "maid" to atttend to their needs! It is awful to see a lady in a relationship for years begging for that question, then when he finally asks he goes through the motions like n" now my life is ruined". i hate the perception most men have of marriage!!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Well this isn't true you sound scorned. I just asked my husband . I also know that he would never treat me like what you say above. I feel sad for you if you go through that

Makes me appreciate my husband
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

No it is not, love is not just marriage or kids.... Much more than that I have been married for 26 years!

beeky
by Alexandra on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Not all men are like that. 

rayroe2
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:57 PM

wow..........I never heard this before.

I believe marriage is a sign of commitment to the love you have for that very special person. NOW I do know some people get married for all the wrong reason sometimes leading couples to cheat, divorce early, or just not be happy at all.

LilMamaK
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:58 PM
I agree! My dh is the one who brought up marrage. He is the one who asked me to marry him and who made it a point that we got married as fast as we did. Of course i wanted to but he talked about it before me.

Quoting beeky:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Marriage isn't proof of love, it's a demonstration of it.

Lorena
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I agree that it is "show" of love and the commitment that the two are making to each other. Not all men just do it to get it over with when I asked my dh he was a little offended and hurt that I would even ask him this. He wanted to marry me when we were 16 & 18. It was me that wasn't ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quoting beeky:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM
:'( :'(
Mama's little girl is growing up! I am so proud!! Muah!!!

Quoting rayroe2:

wow..........I never heard this before.

I believe marriage is a sign of commitment to the love you have for that very special person. NOW I do know some people get married for all the wrong reason sometimes leading couples to cheat, divorce early, or just not be happy at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrtymcdnl
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Ha I agree with acesboo. It's true
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)