Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is a wedding proof of love?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am of the impression that men are getting married to some ladies so they can " get it over with". They say marriage is for ladies so in essence most men dont really want to be married! is this evidence that they are always looking elsewhere and their desire to cheat is not so pressing on their conscience when they are unmarried? Men prefer to marry older; when they have been wild and have done it all and need some "maid" to atttend to their needs! It is awful to see a lady in a relationship for years begging for that question, then when he finally asks he goes through the motions like n" now my life is ruined". i hate the perception most men have of marriage!!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Replies (11-18):
motherslove82
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I don't think that is how most men feel by any stretch of the imagination.

rayroe2
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

=] thank you. I learned a lot in 2 years

Quoting Hottmomma607:

:'( :'(
Mama's little girl is growing up! I am so proud!! Muah!!!

Quoting rayroe2:

wow..........I never heard this before.

I believe marriage is a sign of commitment to the love you have for that very special person. NOW I do know some people get married for all the wrong reason sometimes leading couples to cheat, divorce early, or just not be happy at all.

CafeMom Tickers
acesboo
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:53 PM
For the record I am not married so have never experienced any such thing. I have made some observations and found that to be true for some not all. I am not american and so I experience a far different culture where marriage is concerned!!
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM
The majority of men I know do not think this way. They wanted to marry their wives because they love them and want to grow old with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
this just further proves that I am the dude in my marriage. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acesboo
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:10 PM
That's just great!!!!!!!
daijobu
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:10 PM

The only real proof of love is how one behaves.  It's how you act when you are with or without your S/O and what you say to and about them.  Sorry you are hearing/seeing so much negativity.

Marriage itself is just the legal commitment. 

acesboo
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Thank u I appreciate ur comment!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN