Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm thinking about going away this weekend, totally alone.

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

People keep acting like I'm crazy when I say this. Now, I lived for the first 4 years of my marriage (I was 18 and turned 19 2 months after we arrived) in Japan. I did A LOT of stuff alone. In fact, I could go days without speaking a word of english to anyone when my DH was away at training or such. I like me, and I'm ok just being me.

My parents are having a big halloween party and sleep over for all the grandkids so my DS will be partying it up with all his cousins.

I'm a little miffed at my DH. Not gonna lie. I'm preggo with our 2nd and let's just say it's made me emotionally unfun.

So, I want to go to Denver (2 hours away) get a hotel room, eat out (maybe at Casa Bonita) and walk some malls. COMPLETELY ALONE.

Even my DH, who knows how much I do alone, thinks it's odd. Is it?

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lizmartinez
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Do it! Get some me time and enjoy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I think you should do it! Honestly I'm jealous. I'd LOVE to do that! I don't think it's odd, I like being alone sometimes. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM
No, not weird at all. I'm going to Las Vegas on Sunday, technically with my Mom, but she's a gamble-holic so I'm planning on spending most of my time by the pool in the sunshine with a book. I think not having to talk to anyone and just being able to sit and "be" sounds amazing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maria1613
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Ok first, I want to say, after watching South Park, I thought Casa Bonita was just a made up place. Second I think that's fine. I would LOVE to go to my hometown completely alone and just wander by myself. I'm going tomorrow back home but I'm bringing my DD which is ok. But I like being able to be free to roam when I'm home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SareyF
by Sarah on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Not weird. If you can do it, go for it. Time for ourselves is important. Hell, it sounds like a dream to me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM

South Park was 100% correct. Casa Bonita is fucking awesome. Now, people complain about the food, it's not great. BUT, who the hell thinks about the food when there are hot, muscular men cliff diving.

Quoting maria1613:

Ok first, I want to say, after watching South Park, I thought Casa Bonita was just a made up place. Second I think that's fine. I would LOVE to go to my hometown completely alone and just wander by myself. I'm going tomorrow back home but I'm bringing my DD which is ok. But I like being able to be free to roam when I'm home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN