Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

27 years ago today......

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:49 AM
  • 28 Replies
14 moms liked this

This 18yo girl

Married this 19yo guy

After knowing him for all of 20 days (talked for the first time on 10/2 and then spent a few hours each day together on 10/5, 10/11, 10/12 and 10/13 before he went to TN on 10/18 and I joined him on 10/19). We decided to get married on 10/20, no one proposed, it just sounded like a good idea so we got married on 10/22 with just the 2 of us, a judge, a secretary from his office and a guy from hubby's class on base who volunteered to drive us around so we could get married and get housing. No one thought we'd last but here we are, celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary :-) It hasn't always been easy, we have had to live up to the "in sickness" part of our vows with me having cancer and him having back surgery & we spent more years looking at the "for poorer" before the "for richer" finally showed up. We have raised 4 sons to adulthood and are pretty proud of the men that they have become. Sometimes we argue but we never go to bed mad or leave the house angry and after 27 years we love to hang out together even it it's just grocery shopping, are still physically attracted to each other and are best friends. He is my soul mate and the love of my life :-) Both of us knew the 1st day that we saw each other across a crowded classroom in Navy boot camp that we were going to marry the other person. We didn't know anything more each others last names but we knew and we both told other people that we were going to marry each other. And we did. It was the best darn decision we ever made :-)

Here we are recently, taken 10/13/12 with our niece and new nephew.......

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmartinez
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Love seeing beautiful stories like yours. May your marriage and happiness last for many, many more years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Congratulations! I, too, married at the ripe ol' age of 18. That was almost 10 years ago. Through the ups & downs, we've come out stronger. We recently hit yet another bump, a rather big one, and we've been working to make it better. I pray for the day we'll be celebrating our 27th anniversary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!!  That's a wonderful story.  :)

beeky
by Alexandra on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Happy Anniversary!

ViridianSoul
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Happy anniversary!

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy anniversary! Our 5 year anniversary is coming up in December and I can't wait to see 20 more. We met at 16 and I too knew he was the one for me when I saw him lol he just didn't know it yet ;). We got married at 22.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TattooedMomto4
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Bumps happen often in all relationships. Always communicate, it heps a lot. We are talkers here, it drives people crazy but if we have a problem we will talk it out and keep talking it out until a solution arises.

Quoting USMCwife0530:

Congratulations! I, too, married at the ripe ol' age of 18. That was almost 10 years ago. Through the ups & downs, we've come out stronger. We recently hit yet another bump, a rather big one, and we've been working to make it better. I pray for the day we'll be celebrating our 27th anniversary.

givenshl
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats to You & Your Hubby...You both look Wonderful!

I once wanted to add an additional 10yrs onto the 17 I have now with my Husband, I would have loved to have shared a wonderful love felt story like yours.

nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

beautiful family, beautiful story...congrats momma, your committment to your marriage gives us all hope that we will have that "happily everafter"

TattooedMomto4
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting givenshl:

Congrats to You & Your Hubby...You both look Wonderful!

I once wanted to add an additional 10yrs onto the 17 I have now with my Husband, I would have loved to have shared a wonderful love felt story like yours.

((((HUGS))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)