Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
I'm needing to vent with advice please bare with me......

So Im married with 3 kids for 5 yrs now but I know for sure this marriage is over but I'm too scared to leave I'm afraid he might take my kids or do something... He's always been verbally, mentally and emotionally abusive to me and our kids and when he goes on a discipline rage he goes to the extreme... I just had to leave my job because he had a heart attack and our sitter went back to school it's only been a month and already he's in my ass that I'm not doing anything that its my fault that I'm not getting a job im too stupid so people doesn't want to hire me etc... It doesn't help either that we live with his WHOLE family and his mom boyfriend who is a druggie and got kicked out for it that doesn't have a job as well. But I get the shity end of the stick .. Im expected to have house cleaned dinner done and everything set with the kids I have a great opportunity in another state with my mom she is willing to help me with the kids and there's a bigger chance of getting a job out there I want to leave with my kids but not even sure where to start.. I'm willing to do 50/50 with him but I need out.... He's even told me he wants a divorce but that there's no way in hell ill see my kids and one if them is not even his... I need out and my kids can't be stuck in this unhappy dark environment... I'm losing it!!!!! I'm willing to wait until after the holidays because my son is in football and is very happy that they are undefeated at this moment or at least until after their awards ceremony. I'm am over and not sure where to begin.. I'm too scared to talk to him he likes to hit things and throw and explode even if the kids are around it gets so bad my kids start to cry and tell thirt dad to stop yelling
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Replies (11-19):
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I dont think he'd be able to take the kids from you. Document. Get as much proof as possible. Goodluck!
nicole2884
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM

im not sure, but i know from a former boss, that she had to go to court to be able to move her kids out of state to live with her new husband because the dad had a problem with it

woman often get custody unless your unfit or a druggie

good luck 

givenshl
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM

so sorry to hear you are going through something like this. Know your self worth, channel your inner strength and get busy getting out of this situation. You have to have control of your future, you never hand it over to anyone.

jlbelknap35
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM
If you don't know your rights and are afraid of him finding out just go for a "job interview" and instead go to an devorce lawyers office and talk to him in person. If your husband drives you tell him that you have a secretary interview and then when you get out that it went well and go from there. There will be no phone records just you going for an "interview".
Purple_Stars12
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:10 AM
So I have made a conscious decision that I'm done I can't live like this I'm going to talk to him and at least let him know what's going on so I can't legally get in trouble with taking the kids the last straw has been pulled and I KNOW this is what we all need thank you ladies for the advice it's much greatly appreciated just pray for me and the kids that toll be ok I know it won't be perfect but it'll be ok
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:26 AM
You can make police reports documenting abuse
duejan13th
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:35 AM
Don't talk to him... as long as there is no. Court order you will NOT get in trouble for taking the kids. Go for a job interview. Pick the kids up from school and never go back. If you tell him he will try to stop you.

Quoting Purple_Stars12:

So I have made a conscious decision that I'm done I can't live like this I'm going to talk to him and at least let him know what's going on so I can't legally get in trouble with taking the kids the last straw has been pulled and I KNOW this is what we all need thank you ladies for the advice it's much greatly appreciated just pray for me and the kids that toll be ok I know it won't be perfect but it'll be ok

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:17 AM

He can't take your kids without really good reason, and even then it's not likely.

2lilmamas
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I'd say leave. It easier said than done but nor you or the kids need to be in such a bad environment. Personally you will have the upper hand as far as the kids go. Especially since he is abusive. Save yourself and start a new your days will be dark now but leaving will be a new start and healthy situation for you and your children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)