Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Puzzled about ex wife's choice

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM
  • 55 Replies

Just wondering if anyone thinks it's odd that my husband's ex wife has chosen to keep her married name (my husband's and my last name) when she gets remarried this month. My DH and her were married for many years but she had an affair for about 3 or 4 of the last years of their marriage. She was miserable with my DH and couldn't wait to leave him and didn't even want most of their stuff. She never worked so her name has no connection to a career. They have two adult daughters close to 30 - one of whom is getting married and will change her last name at that time.

Anyway - she's marrying the man she had the affair with and is madly in love with him. The family members in my husband's family who also share this name are still very bitter towards her for how she cheated on their son/brother/nephew. Just think it's odd she'd keep my husband's name even though she couldn't wait to leave him. Seems weird that we'll both be "Mrs. ___". I had been looking forward to the day she would marry and we wouldn't have to share names. But I guess not!

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
divorcedtwice
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
She may be doing it bc of the girls
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2bkayleesmommy
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM
She's keeping her name from ur DH eventho she's getting married? That would piss me off. She has 2 daughters. 1 who is already changing her name and the other will probably too... No point right. She won't be MRS (ur dh's last name) she'll be Ms. Ur name. You will be Mrs. Cause mrs goes before your married last name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
It's possible that she just likes the name or doesn't want to go through the hassle of changing it. Or, even though she couldn't wait to be rid of him, she can't wait to torture you. Idk. Ask her.
2bkayleesmommy
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:49 AM
I'd ask her straight up. Lol. But that's just me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be mad.....................send her the paper to change her name with a envelope and a stamp! she might get the hint.

veganistic
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this
It is legally her name... Why go through the hassle to change it? I wouldn't, especially if I had children with that name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duejan13th
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Wow... that's odd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Weird. I wouldnt like that either
AlannaMaria
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I'm sure she just wants to have the same last name as her children. I'm sure it's weird for you and yourDH family, but i kind if get it if she's doing for her kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amandatoo
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Very Weird.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN