Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Expectations from DH/DF/SO/BF/etc

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM
  • 101 Replies
1 mom liked this

Regardless if you are a SAHM or not, does your man expect particular things from you as his wife/fiance/gf/etc? 

I ask this because I am a SAHM and DH definitely expects things from me that I understand and agree with, but to a certain extent. I get overwhelmed sometimes even though I am home. This is no easy job at all.

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amandatoo
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Yes but if things didn't get done he dealt with it.
Rowdys.Mommy
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Yeah I guess lol a clean home, food, and healthy children? Sometimes he calls with things he needs me to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeLaLi
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Quoting Amandatoo:

Yes but if things didn't get done he dealt with it.

That's good. DH deals with it, but sometimes he will get a little upset :x

nverheyn2011
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

yes. I'm expected to clean the whole house, which I completely agree with... but if I don't get to it a certain day, like say if dd doesn't go down for a nap until nana gets home (we stay with dh's grandparent's and she works 6am-2pm while dh works 730am-4pm) well then I've only got maybe 2 hours to make the house spic and span. which i rarely even put a dent in the kitchen =/

but if she's down for a nap on one of her "good" days, then I manage to make the place look presentable. but there's not enough time in the day to get it up to military specs like I'd like it to be! (ex army, kind of still habit)

DeLaLi
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Quoting nverheyn2011:

yes. I'm expected to clean the whole house, which I completely agree with... but if I don't get to it a certain day, like say if dd doesn't go down for a nap until nana gets home (we stay with dh's grandparent's and she works 6am-2pm while dh works 730am-4pm) well then I've only got maybe 2 hours to make the house spic and span. which i rarely even put a dent in the kitchen =/

but if she's down for a nap on one of her "good" days, then I manage to make the place look presentable. but there's not enough time in the day to get it up to military specs like I'd like it to be! (ex army, kind of still habit)

I think I would be beyond stressed if I had a decent sized house. I have a two bedroom apartment and that alone drives me crazy sometimes.

DeLaLi
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I think it would be a lot simpler if he would wash his own dishes as he uses them or put ALL his clothes away right away and ensure ALL of his things are organized. It is cool being able to be here and clean up like sweep/mop, tidy up, cook, do everything needed for our daughter, but I just don't like having to ALWAYS make sure absolutely EVERYTHING is done. Although he works I think he is still capable of doing some things here and there once in a while (days he is off never the days he must work).

Amandatoo
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Quoting DeLaLi:

My Dh would get upset at times too but I told him my #1 priority was my Children and taking care of them. My DD as a Infant just wanted to be held a lot...kinda hard to get things done and hold a baby....my son before he started school was a Wild Man so just between 2 kids I had my hands full. :) I loved it though. Now my DH and I both stay home during the Winter and take care of our Kids when they aren't in school and we run our Business together every summer. It's a Seasonal Business and we are there 12 hours a day every day during the summer plus we have a crap load of running around to do before we open our Business everyday. We are enjoying our Off Season now. :)
Lorena
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Yes he expects to come home to a clean house and dinner atleast started. I have been alittle lax on it but i'm getting better. We have a big house and added 3 more kids which one is home with me in the mornings and all day Friday. I'm not use to that any more my youngest is 10 the others teens. He just deals with it or does it himself. He will also call if he needs me to do something extra.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DeLaLi
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Quoting Amandatoo:

My Dh would get upset at times too but I told him my #1 priority was my Children and taking care of them. My DD as a Infant just wanted to be held a lot...kinda hard to get things done and hold a baby....my son before he started school was a Wild Man so just between 2 kids I had my hands full. :) I loved it though. Now my DH and I both stay home during the Winter and take care of our Kids when they aren't in school and we run our Business together every summer. It's a Seasonal Business and we are there 12 hours a day every day during the summer plus we have a crap load of running around to do before we open our Business everyday. We are enjoying our Off Season now. :)

Wow, that is a lot. That is great that you guys get to enjoy one another now, especially together with the children. I love the weekends for that reason. I always say my main priority is Azy too, but I do like to get as much as I can done. It just gets super tiring. I am glad I am getting my sleep now because before while I was working forget it! Even with seven hours of sleep I get tired and I cannot nap during the day. Luckily I do not need to walk the dogs! 

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Yrs. He expects me to respect, love, and be faithful to him. I expect the same things. We expect one another to support and cherish each other. I don't think it is too much to ask at all. I <3 him.

If you feel overwhelmed, tell him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)