Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Did you have a big or small wedding?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:16 AM
  • 95 Replies
Did you have a big or small wedding?
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:29 AM

we had a very small wedding.. it wasnt your typical LI wedding.

we had about 70-80 people

no reception per se

it was open bar (top shelf) and food

about 8pm or so, we took 40 of those people out to dinner

both my parent are deceased so i did not feel the need to have a 400 person wedding (very typical in my family & DHs)

all in all we spent under $100K - ghetto style as we all called it

westtxmomtobe
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I've been married twice. The first was done by a jp in a park I loved. Guest list was about 40-50 people. My foster mom worked for Hardee's at the time and got them to contribute burgers and everything else was potluck. Spent a total of about $300 out of our own pokets for it all. We could have done more if we'd wanted, his family offered to help, I was barely 18 and he was 19 and the family was very wealthy but it suited us just fine. My now husband and I went to the court house, he got a new shirt and slacks, I wore a very cute summer dress I already owned. We did buy our rings, got them online actually really really inexpensive and I have to brag they are freaking awesome. He's of Scottish descent so his ring has a celtic dragon on it, the symbol of fertility lmao (was 6 months pregnant at the ceremony) and mine has an amber stone instead of a diamond which rocks cause that's my name and my personal taste is that diamonds are not pretty plus EVERYONE else seems to wear them and I am beyond unique! The band on mine also is done in a celtic love braid. It's freakin beautiful! Anyways, we spent something like $150 on our whole thing, guest list included his 2 kids, our foster son, my lilttle sister and his mom. We've discussed having a big like renewing our vows ceremony down the road, but tbh we both have anxiety issues and crowds make that worse. Not to mention I think it's more responsible to spend thousands of dollars on your actual family and not on celebrating being a family. No offense intended with that, but we don't do the drinking/party thing, lol our idea of an awesome date night is ordering pizza and settling in for a couple hours of video gaming :P but yeah, we're weird like that :P

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM

small 100 people.

desperatelyTTC
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Pretty big I guess. About 350 people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:38 AM

small. we pretty much just went to vegas and eloped. very immediate family only was there. just parents and siblings. only like 15 people. afterwards we just had small reception in our hotel room of cake and ice cream. after that everybody went their own  way and did their own thing.

Kayla-Kay
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a small wedding. Only 60 people at a park in the middle of the woods in June 2010 no music no dancing no alcohol just a small old fashion picnic style ceremony and reception. From 1-5 pm.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomandWife6
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:39 AM

we had a small wedding less than 50 people but it was an amazing wedding and I love my Hunny more and more everyday

Yogamom08
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Super small! We eloped. it was just the two of us, DH's cousin who was our minister, and the cousin's gf who was our photographer.
liveforever
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:42 AM

I had a very small wedding! We got married outside in a national park with 4 people....then had a dinner after with 20 close family members.

MrsRi
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Super small, 10 people including us
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN