Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does he get mad when you cry?

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband does.

Short version: I absolutely love where we currently live. I love everything about it.

I absolutely hated with the fiery passion of 1000 infernos the city where we used to live before moving here.

He told me today we have to move back that god forsaken wasteland next August, we have no choice, due to his job. So, I did something I rarely, and I mean RARELY do: I burst into tears. He proceeded to get really mad at me and told me to stop crying and stop being a girl. Granted, he went on to explain to me how frustrated it made him feel when I cried, because he knew there was nothing he could do to make it better and it was really hard for him to deal with that.

Does your husband/SO get pissed off at you when you cry?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
countrymomma81
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM

No. And he'd never talk to me like that just for crying. He probably feels bad that you have to move for his job. 

beffy1215
by Beth on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM

sometimes yeah... he tells me to grow up and act like an adult.. especially when I was just pregnant anything made me cry.. ugh sorry I'm a very emotional person

mom_of_one_boy
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Mine does too especially if we are fighting(i tend to get over emotional and cant hold the tears back no matter how hard i try) but he has never gotten angry at me for crying

Quoting beeky:

No, he hates when I cry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Hell no.  What he is doing is shaming you for feeling that way you do.  Was he raised to "be a man" and that "men don't cry" or "only sissys cry"?  Because seriously, I'd probably take a swing at my husband if he ever tried to shame me like that.  Crying is a natural response to extreme emotion, it's therapeutic even, a release.  He can let you know that it makes him feel helpless without making you feel like a jerk for crying.

And for those saying that that's just how men are... wrong.  That's how some are RAISED to be.  When my son cries I don't tell him to stop being a baby (he's four) or only babies cry, even if it's due to an over reaction.  I talk to him, I comfort him if that's required, or I calm him down and help him verbalize his emotions... Gah, men are more than capable of being emotional, empathetic creatures, "that's just how they are" is an excuse.

ashleigh24
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM
He does and it even aggravates me because I'm so damn emotional and I can't control it :( he says it makes him feel like shit. I cry way too much. I hate it. I'm trying to control it more now though.
mkh615
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM

DH does not get mad at me for crying!! He's incredibly sensitive to my feelings. Hell, he cries. Doesn't bother me when he cries either.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM
My SO hates when im sad and I cry but he does NOT get mad... he holds me
pmsforlife
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM
He doesn't get mad, just doesn't know how to hold me and comfort me
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

He feels bad but sometimes he gets frustrated with me because I'm over the top sensitive (at times) and that frustrates him

MomToovey
by Marianne on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I've never really been in a situation like that before - where he gives me news and I cry and there's nothing he can do to comfort me. I'm sure he'd be frustrated in a situation like that too if I burst into tears. But otherwise, no. He's always very loving, supportive, and comforting when I cry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN