Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Am I the only one?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:58 AM
  • 11 Replies
Does anybody else feel like the only way to communicate with your spouse/so is through text message? I'm a young wife and we've been together for 3 years and married for two, but we met online, so practically our whole lives together have grown from the use of technology. I thought maybe that's just how relationships are nowadays, but was interested in seeing if anybody else does this, is it an issue for you?
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devastatedhurt
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:10 AM
That doesn't sound healthy. I am a young wife, and we are a technology loving couple. But when we are together there are no phones computers kindles iPods nothing. Just us. And we talk. About everything and anything. My favorite part of the day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:38 AM

sometimes we communicate through texting, but we have made it an unspoken rule that we are not to be on our phones at the dinner table(whether at  home or out) because i realized we were becoming that couple you see who sits at the table and doesnt talk and is just looking at their phones. I told him we are never to become like that even when we are 70

beeky
by Alexandra on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:03 AM

It's more of an issue with my children than my husband because we were married long before cell phones existed.

Baybeelove88
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Nah, we text when one of us is away but not when we are right there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:14 AM
well when Dh is at work we text eachother or IM if we need to talk...Rarely do we ever actually call eachother. But when he is home we talk face to face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:31 AM
DH works 14-16 hr days so we do text quite a bit through out the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM

We text when he is at work but when he is home we just talk. We have a very open relationship and can talk to each other about anything. I don't text him about something really important that needs to be talked about face to face. You leave out stuff when you are texting or it comes out wrong. I wouldn't want him to be upset all day because he didn't understand what I was saying. Important things need to be talked about face to face.

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I met my husband online too, and for a long time, instant message was how we had difficult conversations.  I have always felt I express myself better through written words, and some things are embarrassing to talk about face to face.  So that's how I did it.

Eventually we grew comfortable enough with each other to have the hard talks with our mouths instead of our fingers lol.  It took us a long time because for a lot of our relationship we talked mostly on the computer.  But if you work at it and keep talking and keep pushing your comfort zone a little at a time you will eventually get there.

We have been together 9 years now, married 6, and it's much easier to talk in person than through text or IM now :)

Keep trying!

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM
We text and all but if its something important that we need to talk about face to face then we do if we can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM
My dh barely knows how to turn his phone on, and doesnt even know how to put more minutes on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)