Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your hubby help???

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM
  • 28 Replies
I am married and have two kids one which is only 4 months. With that being said does/did your hubby help out w the baby? And if so is it enough help or could u use more?
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadsW
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Yes, he was a tremendous help with both of our kids, when they were babies, & he's a very involved dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LynBoz
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Yes, mine helped with feedings, changing, bath time, housework, ect when they were babies. They're toddlers now and he still helps with meals, baths, housework, ect.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

My husband may as well have been a bump on a log until our daughter was around 3 and could play and interact verbally. 

Lorena
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
He helped when they were little when he could but we were young. When he wasn't working he was in jail. Which in turn broke us up for a long time. Wish I could have had more help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM

He did. When my kids were babies. He still helps out a lot.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

My DH helped out a lot when my DD was a newborn. After that not so much. He's not really interested in playing with the baby. Only wants to feed dress rock put to sleep. So yeah the newborn stage was more his thing.

AutymsMommy
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I would love more help - but it isn't my husband's fault. He is more than happy to help. I breastfeed the 4 month old and he will not have ANYTHING to do with Dad. Lol. That said, he is very helpful with the older two; he takes them out (the eldest he will take to movies or out to lunch; the 3 year old he will help put to bed or read to).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM

The jail time didn't stop the fun time LOL How many kids do you have?!?!?!? 

Quoting Lorena:

He helped when they were little when he could but we were young. When he wasn't working he was in jail. Which in turn broke us up for a long time. Wish I could have had more help.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My hubby is amazing with the kids. Even when they were babies.  He really had to. We have 2 kids with Down Syndrome. At the time our daughter was born, our son was have chemo. At 3 months of age, I was with her in a hospital an hour away so she could have the heart surgery she needed. He came with me for that, then went home to take our son for his 3-day infusion at the local hospital. Even with all that craziness, he stuck around and it has made him a more patient dad. 

briebaby123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

He works 14 hours a day so I can stay home with our 5 week old :]
When he comes home at night, he holds her so I can get a break, changes diapers, and gets up at night with us if I need anything (I breastfeed)
He's still afraid to do some things...but he's great :]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)