Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your hubby help???

Posted by   + Show Post
I am married and have two kids one which is only 4 months. With that being said does/did your hubby help out w the baby? And if so is it enough help or could u use more?
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Replies (21-28):
jordysmom12
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:58 PM

When my kids was babies my DH worked 2ND shift so id get up all night w/the babies now 10,12 &14...& he would help when he was not sleeping or working & would cook a-lot & clean up.

As for your other question...yes i could have used a little more help with the baby ,but honestly that's the part i was best @ is the baby stage so when they was tots,tween & teen,my hubby does so,so much for us he is a great father & DH. I got hurt & had a spinal fusion in "07" & it went wrong so I'll be in Pain the rest of my life & my DH is my biggest supporter.He cooks,cleans,does all the man-ly handy work around the house & fixes all our cars & takes me to all my Autistic sons(not my DH son he was 2mths old when we met,but treats him as his own) appointment's & mine & of course the other 2 children so id say he has def done his part & more as a father/husband =)

jordysmom12
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM

awww this made me cry cause it makes you realize what others really do go through.....

Quoting TommyAbby:

My hubby is amazing with the kids. Even when they were babies.  He really had to. We have 2 kids with Down Syndrome. At the time our daughter was born, our son was have chemo. At 3 months of age, I was with her in a hospital an hour away so she could have the heart surgery she needed. He came with me for that, then went home to take our son for his 3-day infusion at the local hospital. Even with all that craziness, he stuck around and it has made him a more patient dad. 

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM

My dh helps a lot when he's home.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
WesternNYmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

My husband was a hands on dad from the start. He would change diapers, help with baths, he helps me tuck the kids in at night.  He will also watch the kids when I have to run errands on the weekends, and he will pick up dd from school and meet ds's bus at the stop on the days when I have a doctor's appointment or I am out taking my elderly grandmother shopping, or to an appointment.  Also, when I am sick dh will take care of the kids so I can rest.

BannerElkHogans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:23 AM

no babies are womans work an you can get pissed at me for saying so ,but its true.........most men fumble an do things wrong!

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM

My husband has always been willing to pitch in and help with parenting and the house when it needs it.  When my daughter was tiny she was a handful.  She cried vitually nonstop.  I breastfeed, but he was always willing to take her so I could sleep for a while.  He got up with her in the night many times.  And I took a LONG time to recover after that pregnancy... I had been on bedrest for 6 weeks and my muscles had completely atrophed.  It was really hard to get back into my normal activities, and he was right there to help with anything I needed. 

When my son was born he was a much calmer kid, and I didn't need as much help, but even today, when the kids are 2 and 4 he is very helpful and understanding.  If I want to get out of the house, he keeps the kids while I go to the library or something.  He's a great dad, and a big help around the house when I get behind.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM

My husband helped a lot, and still does. He even willingly got up with our son in the middle of the night every night even though he worked early in the morning and I was a sahm

thatislife
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:25 PM
My hubby doesn't help with the kids, he parents them which includes doing as much hands on as me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN