Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your hubby help???

Posted by   + Show Post
I am married and have two kids one which is only 4 months. With that being said does/did your hubby help out w the baby? And if so is it enough help or could u use more?
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Replies (21-28):
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:58 PM

When my kids was babies my DH worked 2ND shift so id get up all night w/the babies now 10,12 &14...& he would help when he was not sleeping or working & would cook a-lot & clean up.

As for your other question...yes i could have used a little more help with the baby ,but honestly that's the part i was best @ is the baby stage so when they was tots,tween & teen,my hubby does so,so much for us he is a great father & DH. I got hurt & had a spinal fusion in "07" & it went wrong so I'll be in Pain the rest of my life & my DH is my biggest supporter.He cooks,cleans,does all the man-ly handy work around the house & fixes all our cars & takes me to all my Autistic sons(not my DH son he was 2mths old when we met,but treats him as his own) appointment's & mine & of course the other 2 children so id say he has def done his part & more as a father/husband =)

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM

awww this made me cry cause it makes you realize what others really do go through.....

Quoting TommyAbby:

My hubby is amazing with the kids. Even when they were babies.  He really had to. We have 2 kids with Down Syndrome. At the time our daughter was born, our son was have chemo. At 3 months of age, I was with her in a hospital an hour away so she could have the heart surgery she needed. He came with me for that, then went home to take our son for his 3-day infusion at the local hospital. Even with all that craziness, he stuck around and it has made him a more patient dad. 

by Amy :) on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM

My dh helps a lot when he's home.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

My husband was a hands on dad from the start. He would change diapers, help with baths, he helps me tuck the kids in at night.  He will also watch the kids when I have to run errands on the weekends, and he will pick up dd from school and meet ds's bus at the stop on the days when I have a doctor's appointment or I am out taking my elderly grandmother shopping, or to an appointment.  Also, when I am sick dh will take care of the kids so I can rest.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:23 AM

no babies are womans work an you can get pissed at me for saying so ,but its true.........most men fumble an do things wrong!

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM

My husband has always been willing to pitch in and help with parenting and the house when it needs it.  When my daughter was tiny she was a handful.  She cried vitually nonstop.  I breastfeed, but he was always willing to take her so I could sleep for a while.  He got up with her in the night many times.  And I took a LONG time to recover after that pregnancy... I had been on bedrest for 6 weeks and my muscles had completely atrophed.  It was really hard to get back into my normal activities, and he was right there to help with anything I needed. 

When my son was born he was a much calmer kid, and I didn't need as much help, but even today, when the kids are 2 and 4 he is very helpful and understanding.  If I want to get out of the house, he keeps the kids while I go to the library or something.  He's a great dad, and a big help around the house when I get behind.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM

My husband helped a lot, and still does. He even willingly got up with our son in the middle of the night every night even though he worked early in the morning and I was a sahm

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:25 PM
My hubby doesn't help with the kids, he parents them which includes doing as much hands on as me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN