Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

About how often do you and hubby....you know

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM
  • 20 Replies

I'm going into my 2nd trimester and so its starting to show and I"m getting a little insecure about the weight gain. DH was involutarily released from the Navy due to downsizing in Feb and we had sex damn near every day. Well, the money they gave him was starting to run low so he started working a couple of months ago and in Sept we found out we were pregnant. We've gone from having sex every day to having sex about 4-5 times a week. Do you think that's still good. I know I'm being insecure and last night it came to a head. I wanted to have sex and he said no because he was tired. I'm sure he was because he works 10-12 hour days but it got into my head he just didn't find me attractive because of my body change. This is my 3rd but his 1st child. I just lost it and started crying and he felt awful. He said he was sorry and didn't mean to hurt my feelings, he doesn't think I'm fat, I'm pregnant, he loves me and held me until I stopped crying. Obviously, a slight hormonal over reaction lol. But I am just curious how often you and your SO have sex. Do you think 4-5 times a week is good?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bookworm14
by Mandy on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM
It would be nice to get it 4-6 times a week!! Count your blessings! While maybe I don't need or want it every day, I'd love it more than the once, maybe twice if I'm really luck) a week. You're bound to be going through some changes with this pregnancy. Plus you said the guy works crazy hours! Don't let the fact that he said no once, ruin it all for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla-Kay
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Prior to children every day all day long basically

After our son maybe 4-5 times a week sometimes more sometimes less

Now our daughter is 4 weeks old it has been 4 weeks no bedroom action and I'm not sure how bedroom time will work since we both work I'm also in college and we have a 2 yo and a 4 week old lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DakotaHaley
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I think 4-5 times a week is awesome! Girl there is only 7 days in a week.

We have sex 1-2 times a week, sometimes more, but our typical is 1-2 times.

ProudMommy51006
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM
They say you should have sex 3 times a week. So, you're doing great :)

We do once a week unfortunately. But for years it was only once a month. So, we are getting better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missym31
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:00 AM

We normally have whoopi 5-6 days a week, except the week Aunt Flo visits.. But even that week he is getting pleasured still 5-6 times that week.. I would die if it got to be any less that at least 3 days.. I hope it never does though.. Gotta keep that candle lit...

sydjademom24
by Rachel J on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Omg yeah, thats still really good. Ask most married couples and its once or twice a week. When I was pregnant all 3 times I wanted nothing to do with sex. We did it once a week maybe. Now we have sex pretty much every day, we might miss one day, sometimes 2. During "that female" time its much less. Maybe twice during that week. Weve been married 9 years, and I know from what other posts and most of the other married guys at my husbands work say, and theyre lucky to get it once a week, more like once a month, or only on birthdays. I wouldn't worry about anything, you are far above the norm, expecially for being pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I think 4-5 times is great! I had a high sex drive when I was pregnant with my son. Congrats on your pregnancy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Prior to having kids, we were like rabbits.

Now I can count on one hand the time we have done it since January.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ksmomy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Beginning of relationship Every chance we got. Tapered to 3 times a week to once a week before pregnant with DD2. At 4 months along he announced he couldn't have sex with me. It was 9 weeks postpartum before I attacked him. After 2 years we are at once every 4-8 weeks!

So you guys are doing awesome! IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABeautifulQadar
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM
4-6 times a week because he isn't home every night. I'm in my second trimester.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)