Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Your Tolerance For Others?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:15 PM
  • 15 Replies

group hugToday November 16th is International Day of Tolerance.

Are there certain kinds or groups of people you find yourself struggling to be tolerant with? Why?

Are there those you have felt intolerant of in your past, but have grown to be tolerant of now?

What about yourself do you hope or wish others to be tolerant of?

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRi
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I'm generally tolerant of all types of people and backgrounds.  Unfortunately I don't get that back. 

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Some days.. I should get a medal for the amount of tolerance I do LOL 

Matriarch87
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM

My tolerance is quite endless...

Jen137
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I am having a really hard time being tolerant of my daughter right now..she is throwing a fit like a 2 year old atm..she is 8..yelling and screaming at everyone because they drank all the hot cocoa when she spilled hers :(

As far as groups go..I have a hard time being tolerant in most groups. I have learned to keep my opinions to myself and not ingage or interact with those kind of people. I will read posts but won't comment on them.

givenshl
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM

My tolerance level has come a long way. I have washed my hands with quite a bit to just let it be.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm pretty tolerant of people as far as race/creed/gender/sexual orientation/religion/age go...but I'm not tolerant of idiots...especially loud ones.

IQuitCounting
Summer is coming to a close... I guess I should just embrace fall... pulling out my scarves.
11 minutes ago
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm intolerant of those that are not tolerant of others ;)  Seriously though, I mean that I can't stand people that are racist, sexist, judgmental of sexual preference, lifestyle, religion, etc.  Specifically if they're uneducated and vocal/proactive about it.  Other than that, I'm all about the love.

xoxRachelxox
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Teenagers are hard to tolerate. Especially when they're in a big group and feel the need to act like little asshats.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a very low tolerance for stupidity. And weakness.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM
I have a low tolerance for unessesarily hostile atheists. Its true. I try to work on it but I still pretty much tune them out most of the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)