Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if all of a sudden...

Posted by   + Show Post

Your husband came home and out of the blue after all these years or marriage he asked you for a divorce? What would your response be?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (51-60):
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM
This. Then I'd get really good representation.

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

I would want answers.  Like, why, and then stuff, then I would ask what her name was?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SareyF
by Sarah on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Right now, I'd probably tell him to be quick about it then and toss him out. I'd be hurt and I don't know what I would do, but I wouldn't be terribly shocked right now and I'm strong enough.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Willow.wind
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Laugh because we have worked together towards financial & way of living life goals for 16 years!!! For us to split would put us both waaayyy below our comfortable standard of living... Not to mmention we would both want the kids & would spend what was left to get them.... It's immature to say oh I'm done... In real life it doesn't work like that if you have any maturity after birthing babies together.....real life is working together as a team facing the same direction!! It's called family

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Im not married to SO
.. but if I were... I would ask why... and see if it can be savaged
huskerkitty
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM
In April my dh just got up and walked out on me. We have been married 25 yrs and in an instant he was up and gone. We hadn't argued or nothing. Believe me I was shocked. We had 4 kids together and just 1 of them is still speaking to him. He says hurtful things to them and then wonders why they won't talk to him. Our daughter just got married 3 weeks ago and he didn't bother to go to her wedding. Its like I'm married to a stranger. I just don't understand any of his actions anymore so even though he hasn't filed for divorce or asked for one I think that's where we are headed. I'm going thru so many emotions right now its unreal. I was blindsided by all his actions. I thought he was my soul mate and we would grow old together but that doesn't look like that will happen. Believe me ladies, never say never going to happen to us because you just don't know. Sorry for this to be so long. Thanks for letting me vent.
Iconoclast
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM
I'm sure I would fall apart but I would let him go. I can't make him stay but I will do my hardest to keep him from coming back.
MassielOlivero
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM
I'd ask why. In all honesty I would probably go crazy psycho on his ass. We've gone through too much in our first two years of marriage to right through that then have him divorce me.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I would ask questions and try to figure out why he all of the sudden wanted a divorce.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I would be shocked- don't really know what I would say. I would want to know why I guess and I would want to talk about it.

Fyrestar68
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM
I'd want to know why. If counseling could help, i'd try that...but I think I would still be upset at the fact that the first thing he thought of was divorce instead of trying to fight for us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)