Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if all of a sudden...

Posted by   + Show Post

Your husband came home and out of the blue after all these years or marriage he asked you for a divorce? What would your response be?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (61-70):
Shelby72
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Ask him why and see if counseling is an option.  If not, I would ask for primary custody of my kids.

little.worthen
by Tessie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:51 AM
This

Quoting notjstasocermom:

I would ask why because my DH doesn't believe in divorce.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cherylam
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

how long do I have to get all of my things out of the house, and wish him luck... I'm number 3, last one passed before we got married.  I highly doubt he'd find some one else to put up with his occasional bullshit.

poshkat
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM
I would want to know why. It would devastate me
Jstoddard98
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Well I guess I would ask why.   And then I would say see ya later!  I am not going to waste my time with someone who isn't 100 percent with me.  I would rather be alone and happy, than with someone and miserable! 

Pink_Love
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Ask why, probably scream, tell him give me 2 months and that I'll be gone. We are working on a vow renewal so it would be totally unexpected. But I love the man with all my heart and would do anything so he would be happy, even if it meant giving him a divorce. :( I would be devistated though.
aimesnyc
by Amy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM

"Umm...WTF are you talking about?  Let's talk about this."

ashleigh24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here. I'm fighting right now for mine :( We both are unhappy right now and instead of giving up we are trying to work through things. I believe marriage is not something you just give up on. You obviously took that commitment for a reason so why not try everything you can before giving up?

Quoting kayandjsmom:

It wouldn't be as easy to say goodbye for me. I would ask questions and want answers. Then if I feel it's something we can work on or go to counseling for, I would talk to him about it.

I had a few stepdads because my mom divorced whenever something went wrong. I always told myself I would fight for my marriage and I mean that.
chloesmommy777
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Bye-Bye

tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Well first I would ask why??? Second I would say ok because we have been married for 24 years and telling the truth we have did the counselling and I can not go down that road again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)