Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What would you do if all of a sudden...

Posted by   + Show Post

Your husband came home and out of the blue after all these years or marriage he asked you for a divorce? What would your response be?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (71-80):
ittyprincess604
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I'd be devastated. Wouldn't let him see it though... Throw off a "your loss" though I'd be dying inside
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
klamomma2
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I I would be devistated and asking a lot of questions to try to figure out what happened.  After the reasoning came out as long as he hasn't cheated I would hope he would be willing to work it out if not then I would tell him to pack his stuff and leave.  If he had cheated I wouldn't try working it out.  

k2cangel
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Thank you for doing the hard part for me... I plan on telling him I want one after the holidays anyway...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bozobean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:52 PM

This for me too.

Quoting kayandjsmom:

It wouldn't be as easy to say goodbye for me. I would ask questions and want answers. Then if I feel it's something we can work on or go to counseling for, I would talk to him about it.

I had a few stepdads because my mom divorced whenever something went wrong. I always told myself I would fight for my marriage and I mean that.

RoxeyMama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Ask if there another. If not ask why. Also if I felt that I loved him I would try to work it out tell him to wait 40 days buy the book love dare....... Watch fireproof the movie it talks a little bout the book it helped my marriage when I thought nothing could
AmericanChild82
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I'd say fine. Pack your crap and get the hell outta my house.

kayandjsmom
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I totally agree. I really hope you guys can work through things. 

Quoting ashleigh24:

Same here. I'm fighting right now for mine :( We both are unhappy right now and instead of giving up we are trying to work through things. I believe marriage is not something you just give up on. You obviously took that commitment for a reason so why not try everything you can before giving up?

Quoting kayandjsmom:

It wouldn't be as easy to say goodbye for me. I would ask questions and want answers. Then if I feel it's something we can work on or go to counseling for, I would talk to him about it.

I had a few stepdads because my mom divorced whenever something went wrong. I always told myself I would fight for my marriage and I mean that.

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM
We have only been married for about 5 months, but we have been together for 4 1/2 years. I would be asking a shit load of questions because he told me I never would have to worry about him leaving me.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
ashleigh24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Thank you. Kind words from a stranger really means a lot :)

Quoting kayandjsmom:

I totally agree. I really hope you guys can work through things. 

Quoting ashleigh24:

Same here. I'm fighting right now for mine :( We both are unhappy right now and instead of giving up we are trying to work through things. I believe marriage is not something you just give up on. You obviously took that commitment for a reason so why not try everything you can before giving up?

Quoting kayandjsmom:

CameronsMommy23
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:41 PM
I'd ask why and go from there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)