Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your DH/SO work on Saturday's?

Posted by   + Show Post
If yes, what do you do while he's working?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Replies (61-70):
CANDYLC
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM
He does and I take the 7 kids out to do things or we stay home and bake treats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyames2
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM

He works swing shift. He worked this weekend. The kids and I usually find something to do. This weekend we had a birthday party.

vwd_johnson
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:29 PM
I work on Saturdays :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM
I hang out with my girls. Just like I do every other day he works.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Yes he works 6 days a week usually off Tuesday or Wednesday. Most of the time I work also
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaSince2005
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM

my dh works on saturdays, sundays, holidays, every day, any time, all the time. That's what it seems like. He works out of town 2 weeks out of the month. so he's only home for 2 weeks per month. at least we get plenty of family time when he is home b/c i don't work. but when he is at work, i do everything by myself like a single parent, i'm used to it. i like my alone time with my kids and going to do whatever i want when he isn't here. but it would be nice to know what it's like to see your husband every night. instead of every other week.   :-P

kaitybird
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM

It depends on his rotation.  He works 4 on and 4 off and right now he is working weekends.  :)  He is off today and that is nice and he goes back to work Thanksgiving evening!  :)  Love the pay so don't mind and dd and I will be out shopping and having fun.  He works at the local jail as a Sheriff's Deputy!  It gives me time to clean and do whatever.  Spend time with Dd.  

Fields456
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Occasionally he will be on call and have to go in if that happens I do whatever it was I was going to do before he left just with the kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by Jenn! on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Only if he has duty, but it's rare on shore duty. That happens once every 3-4 months. I either just stay home or I'll take the kids to the beach to kill time. It's nice because when he's on sea duty he works all the time. It's nice to have a set schedule!
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Occasionally

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)