Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Adoption?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 38 Replies

Today November 17th is National Adoption Day.

Where you adopted or any of your kids or other loved ones?

http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I wasn't and none of our kids were but one of my cousins was.

I remember when I was 7 and my aunt and uncle bringing him home as a 4 mos old. I was sooooo excited! : )

skylersmom44
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I have an aunt to who had 7 of her own biolocial children and adopted 6 children. She used to have 2 step daughters too but that marriage recently ended. 

Bradya
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM
No but congrads to anyone who has
MaryanneMac
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM

No, but we're in the process of adopting our daughter!

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Oh how exciting! How close are you to being able to bring her home, do you know? How old is she? I'm soooo excited for you! CONGRATS

MomToovey
by Marianne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:16 PM
I wasn't but I do have some friends who were, I also have friends who have adopted children of their own
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I wasnt and neither are my children. But dh has MANY adopted siblings. His parents fostered and ended up adopting 5 kiddos

MaryanneMac
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Thank you

Abigail was safe haven baby (her mother left her in the hospital).  She was born premature (14 weeks early to be exact.).  The doctors are hopeful that we can bring her home this coming week, but it depends on her test results.  Her adjusted age is 3 months(her due date minus the weeks early she was) her actual age is almost 6 months.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Oh how exciting! How close are you to being able to bring her home, do you know? How old is she? I'm soooo excited for you! CONGRATS

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Thank you

Abigail was safe haven baby (her mother left her in the hospital).  She was born premature (14 weeks early to be exact.).  The doctors are hopeful that we can bring her home this coming week, but it depends on her test results.  Her adjusted age is 3 months(her due date minus the weeks early she was) her actual age is almost 6 months.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Awww that brings tears to my eyes, what a touching story! That safe haven program is SUCH a blessing! I'm excited for you that you may get to bring her home so soon and excited for her that she is going to eager loving home. Awwww

MaryanneMac
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Thank you.  her brothers can't wait to bring her home.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Thank you

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Awww that brings tears to my eyes, what a touching story! That safe haven program is SUCH a blessing! I'm excited for you that you may get to bring her home so soon and excited for her that she is going to eager loving home. Awwww

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)